Thread: medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error turn 151 siege battle of Murrakus

Default medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error turn 151 siege battle of Murrakus

This bug is back in the SSHIP mod. I am playing as Portugal on Turn 151 in the southwest most city of Murrakus.

They crash through the gates and 30 seconds later I get "medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error"

I know it's not the bade game because I've played alot of the game base. I also played alot of SS without this error.

It's 100% SSHIP causing this or SSHIP and something pc related, unrelated to Vanilla or SS.

I have LAA installed.

What can I do?

Please someone working on SSHIP answer or help me bugfix this.

I want to keep playing this campaign, it's alot more fun that any modern Total war game

Default Re: medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error turn 151 siege battle of Murrakus

I should note that when they crash though the gate with the ram there is never the cutscene animation or notification that says "they are through the walls"

They just bust through and charge through without the animation or voiceover saying they got through.

Which I assuming has to be related to the bug.

SSHIP can you look into this?

Default Re: medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error turn 151 siege battle of Murrakus

Another thing I find odd is when I right click on the SHIP 098 launcher.bat and click run as administrator it gives me the Kingdoms.exe is missing... but when i open it normally and hit "yes" for UAC then it works. Not sure if it matters but figured I would mention it.

​I will not give up until a mod/dev helps me!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoMajor View Post
    ​I will not give up until a mod/dev helps me!
    Well, @Leo, me, I have never dealt with this part of the modding. It's how I received it from Lifthrasir (who also didn't dealt with this part) after version 092. So I don't know how to help you...
    JoC

I believe it has something to do with the cutscene that is supposed to show up after they breach the gates not firing.... because I've never seen it not fire before and it always crashes in this battle after not firing.

I also find it odd that only me and another user who have a AMD CPU are experiencing it. 5600x and 5800x

I understand and appreciate the fact you have never dealt with it and don't know how to fix it.... but if the mod becomes sort of broken and unplayable because of it.... that means the mod is broken.

Do you know anyone who could look into it?

What if you place in configuration file this line:
    [video]
    ### Movies
    movies =false

It's kind of simple thing, and long shot, but maybe switching off the videos help?

Have you tried what I posted in your other thread?

Please don't create multiple threads and posts with the same problem. It makes it hard for people to follow, who may have the same problem like you.

I tried but it still crashes after the gates are busted open

I don't know what you want me to do in that thread it doesn't make complete sense to me.

You say something about using task manager but I don't get what.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@LeoMajor: There is a thread dedicated to bugs and bug reports. Please, it would be better to post this kind of problem on this one rather than creating a new topic for each problem encountered

First of all, you must give:
    1- The version you are using
    2- Post a save of your game before the bug so that we can test and reproduce the error on our PC