Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRE and Byzantium are too strong

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: HRE and Byzantium are too strong

Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    Well I've been playing three campaigns with the august version : england, fatimids and zengids
    In each of them the HRE and byzantium dominated their rivals, byz destroy the rum sultanate every time even with the help event and the HRE always defeat france and the itlalian states.
    No civil war ever occured to those faction even after a rapid expansion.
    I've posted the last save of my current zengid campaign in the general discussion thread for you too see
    yeah, Rum is helpless indeed. Need to make an additional special script, besides the one that already exists.
    Maybe we've switched off civil wars on the way... before, HRE and Kiev would crumble sometime in 12th c.

I found Byzantium pretty weak personally. Once you deal with their initial army spam Constantinople will be easy to capture and its over for them by that point. But I can imagine they become a problem if you don't bother them for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    yeah, Rum is helpless indeed. Need to make an additional special script, besides the one that already exists.
    Maybe we've switched off civil wars on the way... before, HRE and Kiev would crumble sometime in 12th c.
    Even though I like the script, the better way to help Rum would be with units. I think the common horse archers should have normal formation instead of the tribal one, it would help a lot with micromanaging the army. I know they are "tribal" but they were still disciplined so it would make sense. If you think this would be OP, I would suggest taking them off of other factions' roster like the Abbasids. Another thing is I think an event should trigger if the Rums make it to Europe that allows them to have the non-gun Janissary units and the "Ottoman Infantry" (should be renamed really) unit earlier. This would help a looooot and make playing them more fun. I don't see any reason why the non-gun janissary units have to come in with the gun reforms. On my last run I got bored with the save before I ever had janissaries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12