Thread: Playing as HRE...leader dies and i lose the campaign, how can i avoid succession revolt?

Icon5 Playing as HRE...leader dies and i lose the campaign, how can i avoid succession revolt?

Hello.
    After 20 turns the emperor dies, and i get broken down, my generals zero loyalty.
    It says you have to reclaim some land... what land????.... i see in the faction map like 5 settlements around it grey , but that would put me at war with everybody and excomunicate me, also i chose an alternative heir, but nothing happens he just gets pissed off at the new heir .....
    So what then ???

this is just not fun at all.... supposed to be a game, not a paradox simulator.
    I played like the Danes before, no money....thought playing like the HRE would be more entertaining...

Beginning new campaign as HRE.... so what do you do to avoid that ?, i am playing on normal
    Last edited by cyllan; December 14, 2023 at 08:36 AM.

Default Re: Playing as HRE...leader dies and i lose the campaign, how can i avoid succession revolt?

Quote Originally Posted by cyllan View Post
    Hello.
    After 20 turns the emperor dies, and i get broken down, my generals zero loyalty.
    It says you have to reclaim some land... what land????.... i see in the faction map like 5 settlements around it grey , but that would put me at war with everybody and excomunicate me, also i chose an alternative heir, but nothing happens he just gets pissed off at the new heir .....
    So what then ???

this is just not fun at all.... supposed to be a game, not a paradox simulator.
    I played like the Danes before, no money....thought playing like the HRE would be more entertaining...

Beginning new campaign as HRE.... so what do you do to avoid that ?, i am playing on normal
    I don't know if you can avoid revolt, I am actually glad that it works . Attacking grey, rebel cities will not make you at war with everybody nor excommunicated. Just reconquer the rebel cities, rebuild the empire. HRE is very easy, don't worry. Regarding the family tree, the trick is to keep the number of FM about 50-75% of the number of your settlements. Then your leaders will have children if they are married. Also, you need to be careful whom you adopt and whom you marry, so that your family tree is not too wide. If you have some usurpers - either wait until they start a legit royal dynasty or send them to battle where accidentally they will die.

Icon14 Re: Playing as HRE...leader dies and i lose the campaign, how can i avoid succession revolt?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    I don't know if you can avoid revolt, I am actually glad that it works . Attacking grey, rebel cities will not make you at war with everybody nor excommunicated. Just reconquer the rebel cities, rebuild the empire. HRE is very easy, don't worry. Regarding the family tree, the trick is to keep the number of FM about 50-75% of the number of your settlements. Then your leaders will have children if they are married. Also, you need to be careful whom you adopt and whom you marry, so that your family tree is not too wide. If you have some usurpers - either wait until they start a legit royal dynasty or send them to battle where accidentally they will die.
    Thanks for the reply... the only reply.....

Well i had to suicide 3 generals so all is cool now , but there should be a toggle for that in the mod....

Regards.