Thread: How do I get the free Basilike Patris for Macedon?

Default How do I get the free Basilike Patris for Macedon?

I've done everything the guide said about the Makedonian kingship but the game didn't give me a free Basilike Patris in Pella but instead I have to build an Isoletea Katoikon (2nd level of colonization) AND then build the Basilike Patris.

Now, I wonder if the game would have given me a free BP if I already had the Isoletea Katoikon built beforehand.

Help me answer this question, please.
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; January 16, 2024 at 11:06 AM.

Icon5 Basilike Patris doesn't appear in Pella?

I already own Hellas and build Doreai,Strategic Fortifications and Coastal Patrols, eliminate Pyrrhros, and build Eleutheria kai Autonomia (maybe build goverment prevents the event), then a scroll text appear which say something about Makedonian rebuild, but Basilike Patris didn't built in Pella.

Maybe because i build Eleutheria kai Autonomia (goverment building), which prevents the event happen. But without goverment I can't build other improvements.

I have played Makedonia twice but couldn't reached Makedonian Kingship event. I need some help. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Basilike Patris doesn't appear in Pella?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mc7Jvb3eXW71Smri8
    This is the apearing text, but after that, no Basilike Patris appeared.

Now I've just noticed, I'm playing 2.4 version, newest is 2.4a, I wonder if it changed? I going to test it out tommorow.

Default Re: How do I get the free Basilike Patris for Macedon?

I have the same problem, the Makedonian kingship doesn't appear, 3 times in a row I played in 2.4 version. I'm going to test out in 2.4a version.
    Also I have look up the changelog from 2.35 to 2.4, seem like no fix yet.

You have to have the second level of military colony building, and then it will appear as an option, but you have to pay for it. At least, that is how it happened for me very recently. I think it's bugged, because some have reported it working while others had to do what I did.

As I posted in the other thread, it seems you need to have the second military colony building to get the government building to appear, and then build it yourself. I got the pop up as well, but no free Basilike Patris. It is a minor annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBlues View Post
    You have to have the second level of military colony building, and then it will appear as an option, but you have to pay for it. At least, that is how it happened for me very recently. I think it's bugged, because some have reported it working while others had to do what I did.
    ok

If I remember correctly, I removed that because spawning the government building was causing duplication.

So now the player doesn't get it for free any more, they have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    If I remember correctly, I removed that because spawning the government building was causing duplication.

So now the player doesn't get it for free any more, they have to pay for it.
    So we get 2 Basilike Patris and the one that spawn in Babylon? Although really should be in Seleucid since that's where the Hellenic colony are