Thread: do not marry heathen saracen women, no matter how lovely they are

Default do not marry heathen saracen women, no matter how lovely they are

seljuk rum has been nothing but a tiny kingdom in anatolia for hundreds of years, trapped between the byzantines west and jerusalem to the east. however, they have a host of lovely daughters, young and almost perfect in charm. my scottish royal family is no stranger to their lovely women, we actually have one of their princesses in the previous century marry into the main line. sure, there were some negative effects, but it really didn't matter, i noticed nothing wrong. having several of these daughters seems to have kept rum alive through diplomacy, where georgia and the mongols could not (they were also one-city states).

however, i noticed almost all my generals have 0 loyalty now. i check and what do i see? they have a trait where none of them can stand that their leader is of a different faith. my entire nobility is absolutely disgusted with my king. he's a scottish MUSLIM. i knew he was obsessed with her when they got married and i immediately saw a 0 year old baby the very next turn. his beautiful wife was able to convert him. i never knew that could happen, it didn't with my previous marriage. the trait kills your piety by -8, and he already wasn't a faithful man to begin with, that's why he could never be crowned. its a good thing he commands absolute authority, and the empire is very stable with garrisons, mass priest propaganda, and a network of assassins to murder any heretics or foreign priests. otherwise this would be the largest civil war ever seen in west to east europe.

don't be tempted by a lovely foreign face. she's a witch who has used her heathen magic on our king. he should have found a good, honest scottish woman

Default Re: do not marry heathen saracen women, no matter how lovely they are

I'm tempted to see what happens if you let it all rebel to cause a massive civil war.
    "Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength" - Teddy Roosevelt
    "
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma...Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice...have the courage to follow your heart and intuition" - Steve Jobs
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is the ability to keep moving forward despite being afraid" - King Brian

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Probably what happened the first time, but this time with just rebels. The player would have a massive advantage, but he will be slowed down.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Lol. Something interesting for you since you are so deep in late game I guess.

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

My goodness, turn 800! I thought I was the only maniac playing +500 turns in TW games. There is always a bigger fish alright.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    My goodness, turn 800! I thought I was the only maniac playing +500 turns in TW games. There is always a bigger fish alright.
    I also thought you're the greatest maniac for the SSHIP... You've lost your title to a more dogged player ;-)

impressive map painter