Thread: Cyprus and Rhodes offer no local recruitment for eastern faction?

Icon5 Cyprus and Rhodes offer no local recruitment for eastern faction?

Something i should address for a long time is that eastern faction get no military benefit on holding Rhodes or Salamis? You can build factional goverment if it's possible but there are no recruitment available nor it give any if you build the local colony.

I play as Sa'ba, Parthia and Pontus(before reform) and they all have zero interaction with them. It works with the Diadochi but because they already have hellenic military colony

Default Re: Cyprus and Rhodes offer no local recruitment for eastern faction?

The Foreign Colony should give recruitment there (going to have to check). As should the Allied Government.

Just because you can build a factional government doesn't mean an area is within that faction's geographic sphere of influence. Not terribly worried about Saba not having local recruitment via factional governments. Nor Parthia, really.

Pontos should, though, again I'll have to look into that.

Pontos was missing a proper local pool for Kypros (there was the same "here, have some Pantodapoi" that the main Hellenistic factions get). The polis-imitation governments for Hayastan, Pahlava and Nabatu were missing them as well.

The Foreign Colony actually allowed all the eastern factions, bar Pontos to recruit in the Greek islands, that's now updated in the dev build (simple faction change to the pools).

No change for Sab'yn. There's an open question as to whether their Imperial reform should allow them to get access to the Foreign Colony. If they do, their post-reform government pools would have to be reduced to accomodate an additional source of units.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; February 13, 2024 at 08:33 AM.

Thank you. Hyped for the next update