Thread: finished scotland campaign for anyone who wants it

Default finished scotland campaign for anyone who wants it

here is my completed save file for anyone who wants to mess with it, explore, experiment with etc. note that the save is at the final battle, because after i won that city, the game ends and forces you back to main menu. you can just opt out of the siege and let them live.

if you want to try and fight that battle, i can tell you what i did: i started my army close to the walls, their garrison starts in the square, meanwhile the giant reinforcement army is far away behind the city. i blew open the gates, and i rushed my entire army in at the square, killing and pushing anyone in the way. you can get everyone into the square before the reinforcements. you can "win" just by holding the square past the timer, but stay and fight past the clock, you'll see it becomes an extremely difficult battle, jerusalem's units are insane. i was able to get some angles on them, and deploy my gunners to fire into them, even one got of them to go around and shoot in their backs. got my cannon to slice through them too. if anyone tries the battle, let me know how it goes.

take a look around the map first to appreciate the amount of vision, then use the toggle_fow command in console. i didn't know there were so many egyptian remnant armies hiding in the southern deserts where i couldn't see them. for some reason there's also a huge gathering of pirate ships off of portugal that i never saw, almost like they wish they could go to america
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: finished scotland campaign for anyone who wants it

wtf. im playing to 0 turns left to see what happens. 8 turns left, and there's "advanced matchlock" event happening. im shocked that bothered to even put that in the game, nobody will ever see it. as far as i can tell, it doesn't correspond to a new unit or upgrade, but keep in mind this is scotland and they lack good gunpowder units

XD

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I was sure I wouldn't this screen ever in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Sllhouette View Post
    wtf. im playing to 0 turns left to see what happens. 8 turns left, and there's "advanced matchlock" event happening. im shocked that bothered to even put that in the game, nobody will ever see it. as far as i can tell, it doesn't correspond to a new unit or upgrade, but keep in mind this is scotland and they lack good gunpowder units
    yeah, this is a legacy of the base Medieval2, I believe. Or maybe for the SS6.4 somebody bothered to do something with it, I don't know.
    Interestingly, it crashes when I try to display the list of the settlements.

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 16, 2024 at 11:55 PM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!