Thread: Quick question about devastation

Default Quick question about devastation

Okay, so after i conquered a rebel city, i've got an enormous devastation that plagues that city's income to basically 0.
    There is no more rebel troups nearby, a governor is present but it just keeps growing and growing.
    How do i deal with it, what's the mechanic behind ?
    If there is already a thread that deals with that, i simply couldn't find it. So is there someone here still able to help me ?

Default Re: Quick question about devastation

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinator maximus View Post
    Okay, so after i conquered a rebel city, i've got an enormous devastation that plagues that city's income to basically 0.
    There is no more rebel troups nearby, a governor is present but it just keeps growing and growing.
    How do i deal with it, what's the mechanic behind ?
    If there is already a thread that deals with that, i simply couldn't find it. So is there someone here still able to help me ?
    Just procrastinate a little longer, everything will go back to normal . But seriously, it takes long years after the devastation to 0 will be recovered. In the city details you can see how much money you lose because of devastation.

Default Re: Quick question about devastation

make sure you're actually clear, easy to tell in flat open land, but in wild country with lots of mountains/forests its very easy for a small rebel army to hide for years, and hard to find them

in the future, be mindful of banditry. its a cancer that you squash fast. for sieges, attack cities instead of starving them, and don't let enemies besiege you if you can help it