Yesterday I started a Byzantines campaign. On turn 1, I gathered a large army from Constantinople and the Anatolian provinces, and I attacked Ankara. After easily defeating the Turkish army, I captured and exterminated the city in about turn 2 or 3.

Two turns later, I had advanced to Iconium (Konya) and captured that too, ending the Turkish sultanate. It was turn 5, and I was attacking entirely with basic militia units (contaratoi and toxotai) plus a handful of scutatoi units and some stratiotae.

If it was really so easy to conquer the Turks, surely the Byzzies would have done it! I felt I had destroyed my most dangerous enemy, almost without a fight. I was then free to mop up the various rebel cities of Anatolia at my leisure.

Surely the Turks need buffing slightly? I noticed their only starting forces were weak infantry units and they only managed to deploy two horse archer units against me before being destroyed.

Perhaps the Turks could benefit from a bit more of a starting army? I don't want an extreme change, such as Turks suddenly getting like 3 huge stacks full of elite gold chevron units (like they did in Broken Crescent), that would be way too much. But just a handful of better units might be good. I am thinking perhaps two or three extra units of horse archers, and maybe one unit of ghulam infantry or soemthing.

At least that would make it a bit harder to wipe them out in the opening turns of the game

Thanks