Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
Cool! That sounds like a great campaign. I’d love to see a few more screens showing the campaign map and the Italian provinces.

In my Moors campaign, I have had some spectacular success using assassins, merchants, spies and imams. I decided early on to make a strong focus on agents. It started when I realised that merchants would be key to my economy, but I could NOT allow enemy merchants to move in and steal my trade. Therefore I hired assassins and started killing enemy merchants ruthlessly.

From there it progressed to enemy agents and ultimately generals. I have assassinated every single merchant, priest, assassin and spy that has dared to enter my territory – and many more who were in neighbouring lands. My lands are completely clear of enemy priests and merchants. This has enabled me to maximise my income from merchant trade, as well as increase public order across my cities by ensuring that high percentages follow Islam.

The pinnacle of this drive of assassination was when I managed to assassinate several family members of the Kingdom of Leon, leading to an extremely skilled assassin called Mustafa the Killer. I successfully assassinated the heir to the kingdom of Aragon! I also fatally weakened several enemy armies by assassinating the commanding general. Eventually, even the Kingdom of Leon was forced to surrender, and they begged for peace in exchange for being allowed to keep their capital city Leon and the small town of Santiago (their only remaining 2 provinces).

After smashing the Aragonese in three consecutive battles of Valencia one after the other, I was able to conquer Zaragoza and Barcelona. Pamplona is now the last enemy settlement in the whole of Spain and Portugal (the town is held by Aragon). I decided to offer Aragon peace as I noticed the French are now close to my lands and I would rather border a weak enemy with one settlement than a strong one. However, they refused my offer. It seems they are determined to fight on, even though they are utterly beaten. Therefore I will have no choice but to exterminate their last settlement and extinguish them for good. Then perhaps I will turn on Leon and finish them off, before turning east and advancing into France. Septimania (south France coast) was a Muslim province in about 730AD; it shall be so again!
Well if you want to have a perfect leader with max chivalry, using assassins isn't the way to do it . Personally I don't use them or spies to open gates, it's part of my house rules. Oh and be sure to send one of your merchants to Tunis and "appropriate" the gold there.

Here's the pic you asked:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Fatimids just captured Rome! I guess the Pope isn't all too pleased about that. And the poor little English couldn't hold the mighty juggernaut that is Scotland at bay