Thread: Siege Defending Script

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Siege Defending Script

Guys, I wrote this script, it makes routing units that sally out of the settlement in the first phase of the siege, when the siege engines are advancing. It makes it impossible or at least very risky to attack the ram and towers. It means that the sieges will become much more sophisticated and difficult as the enemy will use all the siege equipment. Up to now it was enough to attack the engines, leaving one ladder and AI was lost, crowding all the units to climb a ladder.

1.Here is the file for campaign version. (updated 28 July 2023)

To install it, just COPY EVERYTHING from the file above and REPLACE THE WHOLE BAI script in the

...\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt

In detail- replace everything starting with this:

;==================================================================
    ;------- G5 BAI STUFF
    ;==================================================================

And finishing with this:

set_counter a2u18_distance 0
    set_counter a2u19_distance 0
    set_counter a2u20_distance 0
    ; suspend_unscripted_advice false
    end_monitor
    Doing this you will replace the Germanicus script with the same one but including some counters declaration and of course my script.

It should work with whatever version of SSHIP you have. If somebody wants to install it for custom battles I can prepare also files for it.

I tested it already a lot in custom battles and a little in campaign.. I wonder what will be your opinion, does it work in campaigns in many situations, especially when ai have reinforcements? Do you find it worthy to implement, or unnecessary ?

I posted a new version July 28 2023- some improvements for the settlements with just wood palisade. Its tested on the separate computer with a fresh install of MTW2 + SSHIP, also in Titanium and SS6.4. It should work in whatever mod that uses G5.
    Last edited by Macaras; July 28, 2023 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Updated Version