Thread: anyone experience with Venice??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    louigi's Avatar Foederatus

Default anyone experience with Venice??

i've had a very fun and interesting but very challenging experience

I started a campaign with Venice yesterday and everything was going fine, especially economically, i didn't know where to throw that money haha. conquered 4 rebel settlements by turn 15. Spent the next few turns buiding up my cities and turned ancona into a town. spent some money on getting an alliance and improving relations with the HRE. Also managed to seduce a german general WITH germanic blood with one of my venetian princesses. then around turn 30 i think pisa attacks me, they got excommunicated so i prepared to go full on against pisa. took pisa pretty easily, few turns later i take genova. Pisa has 3 regions left but I see with my spy that they have still many units in the field around firenze .

Then suddenly serbia attacks my capital venice with a big stack. I manage to break their siege by sending my doge that's in bologna with an army with many merceneries and elite units from my castle Verona. the thing is i can't move forces from pisa all the time because there's a plague there. And then even worse.. the Eastern Romans land near ancone with a small but deadly force. they succeed in taking the settlement (). then next turn I attack a pisan army that's besieging genova. but to no avail because next turn they siege it again and the turn after i couldn't break it anymore, i lacked soldier there. so Pisa takes Genova as well. so i lost 2 settlements in 2-3 turns hahah i'm doomed

anyway this was very interesting and fun. there were multiple ways I could've handled all these situations.

I wonder if there's someone that had the same experience with venice? waging war against pisa that keeps on producing armies and also being attacked by both serbia and the ERE?
    Last edited by louigi; January 05, 2024 at 02:39 AM. Reason: typos