Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.6 (Updated Oct. 29th) - (Eastern/Greek/Egyptian Ancillary Overhaul + New Trait Portraits) - Patch 5/Nomad DLC Compatible

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Default Re: (UPDATED 09/28 - Complete Skill Tree Overhaul!) TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul

@Hellbent I went through the files. It is another mod that attempts to fix the problem of attribute overflow, when a general and an agent, spy, warlord etc are parked together the stats are stacked sometimes leading to attributes going over 20. His fix stops ancillaries from popping completely, an accidental bonus in that his mod can be back tracked to see how to slow the firing of ancillaries. With this and the Shogun2 mods that should allow you to open up the patient and get a good look inside.

To assure others Zowraths's mod does play well with TTT.

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Default Re: (UPDATED 09/28 - Complete Skill Tree Overhaul!) TTT - Hellbent's Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul

@Hellbent Here is what I have so far, hit a mind block mid point. Link: https://www.mediafire.com/view/6ui4u..._Hellbent.docx

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    @Hellbent Here is what I have so far, hit a mind block mid point. Link: https://www.mediafire.com/view/6ui4u..._Hellbent.docx
    Thanks Champlain! But you don't have to be so formal; appreciate all the suggestions though. I'll keep your thoughts in mind for future updates. +Rep for being so helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    @Hellbent I went through the files. It is another mod that attempts to fix the problem of attribute overflow, when a general and an agent, spy, warlord etc are parked together the stats are stacked sometimes leading to attributes going over 20. His fix stops ancillaries from popping completely, an accidental bonus in that his mod can be back tracked to see how to slow the firing of ancillaries. With this and the Shogun2 mods that should allow you to open up the patient and get a good look inside.

To assure others Zowraths's mod does play well with TTT.
    First off, let me go ahead and say, love this mod - it should be at the top of everyone's mod list. It really fixes a problem I had - that the general traits felt meaningless. I wouldn't mind you taking a look at the legion traits too (and maybe adding some toadies for legions, if possible).

To build on Champlain's ideas:

Cunning - Improving stances and situational tactics.
    The Die Is Cast: We have crossed the point of no return. Campaign Movement +6/13/20% (maybe an ancillary of removing the ability to forced march)

Keep Your Friends Close: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Merc hiring -10/20/30%, Merc Upkeep -15/30/45% (really good with Carthage, and plays well with what Hannibal did in the 2nd punic war)

Come and Get Them: "Hold your ground, men!" While in defensive stance, increases melee defense skill by 5/10/15%, increases ammunition by 16/33/50%, and increases fort wall strength by 20/40/60%. (Intended to make dstance a beast - if you can make the towers it spawns better, or hold counter siege equipment, that would be quite excellent).

Bellum Se Ipsum Alet: War will feed itself. Increases morale bonus of raiding stance by 5/10/15%, decreases upkeep by 10/20/30%, and decreases movement penalty by 10/20/30%.

Memento Mori: Not today. Increases melee defense skill by 10/20/30%.

Mundus Vult Decepi, Ergo Decipiatur: The world desires to be deceived, therefore it is. Increases chance for a successful ambush by 6/13/20%. Enables night battles.

Cry, Havoc!: Let slip the dogs of war. Upkeep and recruitment cost reduced by 5/10/15% for non-mercenary units.

But Keep Your Enemies Closer: Trust no one. Increases melee skill when fighting in a territory with of different cultures by 5/10/15%. (Not sure if possible, but would make for good foreign fighting armies).

Zeal - should be about making your men stronger, and committed to the cause.
    Fortes Fortuna Iuvat: Fortune favors the bold. Increases melee skill by 5/10/15% and damage by 3/6/10%.

Fides facit fidem: Confidence begets confidence. Increases morale by 5/10/15% and melee defense skill by 3/6/10%.

Dulce Et Decorum Est: Pro Patria Mori. Decreases all units recruitment cost by 3/6/10% and increases replenishment by 4/8/12%.

With Your Shield, Or On It: So say the Spartan mothers. Increases shield effectiveness by 6/13/20%, and armor by 4/8/12%.

Go Tell the Spartans, Passerby: Here, obedient to Spartan law, we lie. Increases spear units melee skill by 6/13/20%, and increases spear melee damage by 10/20/30%.

Non Semper Erit Aestas: It will not always be summer. Reduces attrition losses by 4/12/16%, and reduces siege attrition losses by 10/20/30%.

Periculum In Mora: There's danger in delay. Reduces siege times by 1/3/5 turns and gives the defensive stance bonuses to the army if the enemy attacks after 1 turn of sieging. (It seems silly that if we siege an enemy that we would not have a large defensive position if he sallied forth - again, not sure if possible to do).

Let Justice Be Done: Though the Heavens Fall. Increases sword melee damage and sword melee skill by 3/6/10%, and increases melee defense on sword units by 5/10/15%.

He Who Dares, Wins: "Cavalry, to me!" Increases cavalry charge bonus by 5/10/15 and increases melee skill by 6/13/20.

Facilis Decensus Averni: The descent into hell is easy. Reduces enemy morale by 10/20/30%.

Need some more for ranged units and ships. Anyway, looking great Hellbent!

Awesome mod!

Can you make a list of the effects for each skill? I have to constantly re-load the game to look at the ones unlocked by the first tier.

Just a quick heads up, for those with beta patch 4, TTT seems to work fine with my initial tests.

Currently working on the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Awesome mod!

Can you make a list of the effects for each skill? I have to constantly re-load the game to look at the ones unlocked by the first tier.
    Will do once I get home. Glad you're enjoying the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by gwink13 View Post
    First off, let me go ahead and say, love this mod - it should be at the top of everyone's mod list. It really fixes a problem I had - that the general traits felt meaningless. I wouldn't mind you taking a look at the legion traits too (and maybe adding some toadies for legions, if possible).

To build on Champlain's ideas:
    Thanks for the ideas gwink! I especially like the flavor of the different skills you suggested. I might not use Latin names because I try to make the skill cards as self-explanatory as possible (due to the UI, it's hard enough to see where each skill goes), but I'll definitely keep those in mind especially for the faction-specific skills that I'm planning for future updates.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 04, 2013 at 04:46 PM.

I have a problem with the mod.
    When I put in the Rome 2 Folder and try to activate it, it canīt be saved in my Mod Manager Loading List. When I check and uncheck all pack types, it appears on the bottom of the Loading Order, but when I restart the Mod Manager itīs gone again.

I had this problem before with two other mods and I am wondering if I am the only one with this issue or what may causes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEl_nobody View Post
    I have a problem with the mod.
    When I put in the Rome 2 Folder and try to activate it, it canīt be saved in my Mod Manager Loading List. When I check and uncheck all pack types, it appears on the bottom of the Loading Order, but when I restart the Mod Manager itīs gone again.

I had this problem before with two other mods and I am wondering if I am the only one with this issue or what may causes this.
    Hi BigEl_nobody,

Currently, TTT is in .mov format so you don't need to activate it in your mod manager. Just drop it into your data folder along with the appropriate UI and startpos.esf files and it should work fine. Just make sure each file is in their appropriate directories.

In the next update, I'm going to switch to .mod format because it seems to cause less conflicts with other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    In the next update, I'm going to switch to .mod format because it seems to cause less conflicts with other mods.
    Nice one, bruvva! Thanks for making the change.

My general has the trait "Trained swordsman" and I am playing as Rome, but my infantry only start with 2 experience ranks instead of 3 (2 swordsman + 1 rome).

Is this because of the Radious mod that I am also using? This edits the unit experience I think. Are +2 experience as a character trait in the database actually mean +2 chevrons or does it equal a set amount of experience and thus is different in Radious mod?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Ishan; October 05, 2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Double Post (forum error)

Ok I progressed further with my general and he has now the following traits:
    Trained swordsman: +2 experience to all infantry recruits
    Drillmaster: +2 experience to all recruits
    Rome: +1 experience roman infantry recruits

But the recruits have around 3 chevrons...

It seems my other general (same region) is recruiting his units with the same experience...

It seems my other general (same region) is recruiting his units with the same experience...

In my carthage campaign i noticed that as well; i usually like to build up a recruitment general, that i then park in my capitol to give all new recruits some extra experience. Long story short: the new recruits only get the bonusses from the built barracks and none from the general/ admiral (I first thought, the chevrons just werenīt displayed, but the stats of the unit arenīt changed as well). Using radious mod alongside yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordocai View Post
    Ok I progressed further with my general and he has now the following traits:
    Trained swordsman: +2 experience to all infantry recruits
    Drillmaster: +2 experience to all recruits
    Rome: +1 experience roman infantry recruits

But the recruits have around 3 chevrons...
    Quote Originally Posted by doom31 View Post
    In my carthage campaign i noticed that as well; i usually like to build up a recruitment general, that i then park in my capitol to give all new recruits some extra experience. Long story short: the new recruits only get the bonusses from the built barracks and none from the general/ admiral (I first thought, the chevrons just werenīt displayed, but the stats of the unit arenīt changed as well). Using radious mod alongside yours.
    Hi Mordocai, doom31,

http://i.imgur.com/fQvVMsI.jpg

I ran a couple of tests. And apparently, the issue lies with the '+exp. to all' trigger; the '+exp. to infantry' trigger works fine. Essentially, 'Trained Swordsman' is working fine, it's the 'Drillmaster' skill that is a bit wonky. Unfortunately, I think this has something to do with the effect itself (i.e. CA bug), so my best workaround would be to change that effect to individualized '+exp. to infantry/missile/cavalry.'

It's not a conflict with Radious's mod so don't worry about that. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'll change the effect in the next update.
    Last edited by Hellbent; October 05, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks for the quick reply. In case you release the fix/update within the next few days, may I ask You to make a with rome 2 update 3 compatible version, since some, well actually most of the mods, are not updated to version 4 beta yet.
    Addendum: just told you about the usage of radiousī mod because of the slight possibility of the bug being caused by non- vanilla units

Is it possible for you to make a list of all skills ( with stats) from the skill tree? I found it hard to guess what the skills does in rank2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    '+exp. to infantry' trigger works fine. Essentially, 'Trained Swordsman' is working fine
    Are you sure? Maybe it doesn't stack with the roman experience bonus or that one is just broken, but I get the same units recruited with my general without "Trained swordsman" than with him... at least from what I can see so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dl1314 View Post
    Is it possible for you to make a list of all skills ( with stats) from the skill tree? I found it hard to guess what the skills does in rank2/3.
    Hi dl1314,

I made this quick table for everyone's reference. I understand the UI is restricting so I hope this helps. Copying and pasting the link on the Steam overlay should help you access it in-game without alt-tabbing.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/mimc08...kill_Info.xlsx

Quote Originally Posted by Mordocai View Post
    Are you sure? Maybe it doesn't stack with the roman experience bonus or that one is just broken, but I get the same units recruited with my general without "Trained swordsman" than with him... at least from what I can see so far.
    No, I've tested it recently and the Roman trait bonus works fine (because when I start the game without skills, recruiting Hastati already gives +1 XP). When I added the 'Drillmaster' skill, no changes to XP for the same Hastati. But when I added the 'Trained Swordsman' skill, the Hastati, as you can see from the picture, gets raised up to a silver chevron (+1 XP from Roman trait +3 XP from 'Trained Swordsman').

So definitely, Drillmaster. I'll have it fixed for the next version, not to worry. (Along with some goodies for the authority tree).

Thanks!

Hellbent, this is a great mod, have been really enjoying it! I was wondering what changes there are in startpos.esf, as I'm trying to get it to work with Vialabo's Imperial Survival Kit, which has a bunch of startpos.esf changes as well.