Thread: New to modding- copyright questions

Default New to modding- copyright questions

SO I created my own Stainless Steel subsubmod which revamps the menu, changes much of the music to MTW1 and also got some music from Lords of the Realm 2, updates the Papal Generals Unit card, changes some of the Byzantine unit skins, and changes some of the Byzantine flags.

1. If I use MTW1 music, is that a copyright violation?
    2. If I use some Total War wallpapers I found on the internet for the menu, is that a copyright violation?
    3. Regarding the Byzantine units and Byzantine flags, I took stuff from a couple other mods and fused them together. None of that is my own. As long as I state that this isn't my own stuff, is it cool if I use it?

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New to modding- copyright questions

The general rule among TW modders is that use what you can get away with. If a company doesnt want you to use it they will send a cease and desist order. Simple as that. That only goes for outside companies. You cannot use other TW modders resources without getting permission if you are planning on releasing it. You MUST get permission from the other mods before you can release anything. Cannot stress that enough, good way to get banned forever if not.

Default Re: New to modding- copyright questions

Awesome alright thank you!!!