Thread: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 193

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!!

Hey no need for reply lol, i found all the stuff i was looking for....I just need to look harder next time hahah
    alright thx anyways

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Glad you got it working, I've got connection problems atm.

Hey, do you guys recommend the submod AOR v2.3 for FRoGS ??
    reference link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...bmod-for-FRoGS

If you like the concept of this submod then why not give it a go. However, It's concept isn't for my taste.
    Mind you, it is meant to be played with FRoGS 2.1.

sounds good then, if its not compatible with frogs, ill just save me some bandwidth lol

@Araval, sorry boss need to bug you #unknown error as occurred....so after turn 5, I sieged East Osgiliath with 10 units and crash tried 3 times. 1. re-installed everything Kingdoms ran clean save 2.disabled UAC 3. Installed TATW (4 parts) 4. ran clean save battle worked 5. delete maps.rwm and descr_geo.. 6. disable daylights savings 7. Installed FRoGS (copy/past each data file in TATW location) 8. Started game, Ended a turn and tryed to siege but game crash

Any ideas?
    please and thank you

info: running Windows 8 on alienware 2011 laptop,
    Also only thing thats different was that key.dat was never there only this new thing called g5baiswitcher
    Last edited by ShaolinBudo; August 20, 2014 at 08:05 AM.

Upload your save file and log as instructed in the op and I'll have a look.

I'm sorry my good sir but im a noob, How do or where do I upload this? and Do I choose the save file that has the most recent crash?

hi guys im having a few problems with CTD's wondered if anyone would know what was up. i just have Random CTDS in campaign map after only few turns i love the mod and my 6 yr old son does too he wants me to do campaign as mirkwood with legolas but we have this problem??. i have included my crash log file. any help would be appreciated thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

to clarify further cause im not sure whats in log file i was having crash on battles but solved that by disabling daylight saving time on pc.

look in medieval 2 folder. mine is C/program files/sega/medieval total war/ logs. file should be in logs shaolinbudo

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy1985 View Post
    hi guys im having a few problems with CTD's wondered if anyone would know what was up. i just have Random CTDS in campaign map after only few turns i love the mod and my 6 yr old son does too he wants me to do campaign as mirkwood with legolas but we have this problem??. i have included my crash log file. any help would be appreciated thanks.
    I would recommend resintsalling TATW 3.2 as well as FRoGS as it looks like the files may have been installed into the wrong folders. Based on these errors:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    14:11:06.949 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2354, column 5
    The city core building level should be one less than the settlement level!

14:11:06.949 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2354, column 5

14:11:07.579 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 6521, column 5
    The castle core building level should be EQUAL the settlement level!

14:11:07.579 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 6521, column 5
    It looks like the shortcutcut on the desktop is referring to the vanilla TATW 3.2 descr_strat and not the FRoGS descr_strat file. Unless you have modified the descr_strat file yourself.

okay ill give it a look next time i crash
    thank you

i havent modded anything and i installed everything as described in instructions. i shall uninstall it all tomo and do it again will that solve the problem?. thank you for the swift reply and help many thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinBudo View Post
    I'm sorry my good sir but im a noob, How do or where do I upload this? and Do I choose the save file that has the most recent crash?
    The save before the crash that we were talking about. Just upload the log and the save file to a random file hoster or put it as an attachment into your post.
    to clarify further cause im not sure whats in log file i was having crash on battles but solved that by disabling daylight saving time on pc.
    Hi, welcome to the forums!
    I can't quite understand if the situation you were talking about solved. The log file should be taken exactly after the crash because it regenerates every time you start the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I would recommend resintsalling TATW 3.2 as well as FRoGS as it looks like the files may have been installed into the wrong folders. Based on these errors:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:

It looks like the shortcutcut on the desktop is referring to the vanilla TATW 3.2 descr_strat and not the FRoGS descr_strat file. Unless you have modified the descr_strat file yourself.
    Why do you think that?
    These errors should be normal and not a cause of a crash.

hi araval thanks for reply sorry ill try to explain better. my son wanted to see legolas in battle so as soon as i started campaign i fought the nearest rebel i found but everytime it crash when trying to start battle, i fixed this with disabling DST on pc. but now the problem we have is every few turns the game crashes saying "MTW2 encountered a problem and must close" the game closes and resets all my settings in game options (graphics, sound etc).

1. If it regens everytime it starts would you suggest i delete log file then start game let game crash and repost it after that.
    2. i will wait to hear from you before uninstalling everything in case i dont need to!

3. i tried multiple factions and still have crashes but they seem random not at particular number of turns.

thanks in advance for any help given.

hi araval thanks for reply sorry ill try to explain better. my son wanted to see legolas in battle so as soon as i started campaign i fought the nearest rebel i found but everytime it crash when trying to start battle, i fixed this with disabling DST on pc. but now the problem we have is every few turns the game crashes saying "MTW2 encountered a problem and must close" the game closes and resets all my settings in game options (graphics, sound etc).

1. If it regens everytime it starts would you suggest i delete log file then start game let game crash and repost it after that.
    2. i will wait to hear from you before uninstalling everything in case i dont need to!
    3. i tried multiple factions and still have crashes but they seem random not at particular number of turns.

thanks in advance for any help given.
    You don't have to delete it, as soon as you have a crash, just take the log file.
    But what happens, what faction's turn is it, what action is being performed? Any information could be helpful.
    These random crashes sound very weird, they haven't been reported before, maybe try a reinstall.

ok thanks araval ill probs just have to do clean install again. but strange thing isi deleted the log file b4 i saw your post, i started a campaign as ered luin (never played them before) and im on turn 45 no crash is that just coincidence?? thanks again!!!

had a crash at turn 82 with the dwarves..
    Attached Files Attached Files