Thread: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

Default Re: Deus lo Vult: Battlefield Balanced v4.36 <25/01/15>

hello

i am playing with 4.35 about 20 turns so far and yes no CTD !!!! It is very good that this mod is alive.
    I just copy the 4.36 update but i have a problem now with the menu, at the load section. The saved games are not visible.
    I wonder if anyone was the same issue.

How can I return Hotseat ability to the game. I know that it is not full suported , but I am playing a game with friends long ago and i want to try it with the new version if able.

Menu is fixed in Western unit overhaul v4.0.

Sandy

Could you help me locate the soundpack? I searched the mini mods section for quite a while to no avail.

EDIT: I'd like to add that after having played a siege with an enemy sallying forth, and a few relatively small skirmishes with the turks, the ai really is as marvelous as you say. I'm stunned at the quality of battles, this is amazing.

Looks like the first two battles that I've had with lithuania and portugal had problems, I just hope they don't persist.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; January 26, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

thank Sandy it is fixed !!!!!!

DLVSM

Kind people reuploaded this a while ago.

Sandy

Thanks Sandy. <3

EDIT:

Alright, so I've been thoroughly enjoying my campaign, and was in awe of everything after I've come to realize the AI usually works as intended. Nothing but praise, chaps.

I have however a few questions.

1. Are the independent sovereignities meant to be idle?

2. Although I love the map. I feel that a lot of it is far too much greener than it ought to be. Anatolia does not feel arid, nor do the hotter parts of the Iberian peninsula, they are just too green.

So are the crusader states and Egypt, and most of the middle east. The color was more appropriate in vanilla but that aside it all looks gorgeous.
    Last edited by YourStepDad; January 27, 2015 at 06:02 AM.

YourStepDad, the map colors have been bothering me too. However, i am too lazy at the moment to change anything. Maybe in the future though. As for the independent sovereignities, they do attack settlements once in a while. Especially if you have a small garrison. They also tend to move towards watchtowers and hold them. It is a useful strategy to place one at the border with your enemy. A rebel army will move there and block the path. I believe they have been made passive on purpose to prevent them from destroying the player in the first few turns. I do not know whats better though. An AI thats passive, or an AI that builds buildings and moves around and masses troops. The second kind is hard to control or predict. So i guess the devs went for the stable approach. In my own mod the rebel AI is totally out of control, moving and conquering left and right. I will have to fix it at some point.

A cool feature I noticed in the code is the random chances of AI stacks spawning close to critical settlements. There are some triggers, like a king dying, and a percentage chance for a stack to spawn and attack the capital. Some sort of coup or rebellion. I have not seen it in my campaigns though. Or maybe I interpreted the code wrongly. Such scripts have to be specific (i.e. faction indicated, coordinates and composition of army, the general's name and stats, etc) and are thus tedious to write. Maybe there are only few of them.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; January 27, 2015 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks Taiji and Sandy for this great mod. A couple of questions and suggestions if if might...

1. Is there a hotfix for faction accents on campaign map ? I'm playing v 4.36 and Milan sound Scottish, France sound german, Tutonics = french, Ayyubids =english etc ...

2. Faction colours on campaign map are quite subtle making it hard to quickly differentiate friend from foe. Perhaps the colours could be made more vivid and different.

3. I read a bit of correspondence on battle AI. Thus far, in only a few hrs of playing, I'd rate it as the best TW AI I've seen. Enemies deploying stakes, using hills, advancing when appropriate then falling back to the fortified hilltop, cav flanking. All seems great so far.

sgz, glad you like it!

1. Never had any issues with accents. Must be on your end.

2. Its a matter of personal choice. If you want to change them open descr_sm_factions.txt in your mods/DLV_ext/data folder. You can change RGB values there.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by GeMiNi][SaNDy View Post
    sgz, glad you like it!

1. Never had any issues with accents. Must be on your end.

2. Its a matter of personal choice. If you want to change them open descr_sm_factions.txt in your mods/DLV_ext/data folder. You can change RGB values there.

Sandy
    Great thanks Sandy. I've adjusted banner colours to my liking. Any idea what file determined faction accents so I can fix that too?

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    Great thanks Sandy. I've adjusted banner colours to my liking. Any idea what file determined faction accents so I can fix that too?
    Never did it myself, but there is a tutorial on that: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=460777

I am more inclined to think that the problem is on your end. Could be a bad install.

Sandy

Never did it myself, but there is a tutorial on that: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=460777

I am more inclined to think that the problem is on your end. Could be a bad install.

Sandy
    You were right. I've removed other mods and reinstalled DLV BB and now accents are fine ! Thanks

A couple of other files I've adjusted in other mods are

a) descr_particle.txt to change dust effects. I've adjusted it in DLV BB but it doesn't seem to generate any dust ?? Any ideas ?

b) I've liked tinkering with faction names via expanded.txt but I can't locate this file in DLV BB

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    You were right. I've removed other mods and reinstalled DLV BB and now accents are fine ! Thanks

A couple of other files I've adjusted in other mods are

a) descr_particle.txt to change dust effects. I've adjusted it in DLV BB but it doesn't seem to generate any dust ?? Any ideas ?

b) I've liked tinkering with faction names via expanded.txt but I can't locate this file in DLV BB
    a) I have no knowledge of this file yet.
    b) Its in data/text folder.

Sandy

a) I have no knowledge of this file yet.
    b) Its in data/text folder.

Sandy
    Great. Adjusted faction names. Ta. Another issue. Trying to move diplomats or ships large distances over multiple turns doesn't seem to work. ie I have to move each of these units manually 1 turn at a time to their max. range and then again next turn etc etc. Any tips ?

BMV's Avatar Civis

Hello,

I'm playing M2TW after quite a long brake and got to say this is a really great mod/submod
    I only have one complaint - random dynasty for Lithuania, I changed it to Gediminids for my current campaign
    I'm attaching the VnVs file in which changes are pretty simple:
    Code:
    {Royal_Blood_Lithuanian}Clan Gediminids
    {Royal_Blood_Lithuanian_desc}This man is a descendant of Gediminas, a Grand Duke of Lithuania. His pride is quite understandable, and is said to be reflected in his devotion to his Noble Clan.
    Although it's ~100 years early but still makes more sense than the Ukrainian dynasty.

Hope something like this gets integrated into the mod,
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mist rolling about on battlefields.

Can anyone advise which file determines this effect , which is prominent in DLV BB ?

I've noticed the Mangonels have no sound effects.

So, I am new to modding this game, but the instructions seemed pretty straight forward. I downloaded this mod, it gave me a downloader called DLVBBV4.35. I opened it and pointed the files to Medieval 11 total war (located in SEGA). It downloaded. I then opened the DLVBB4.36_UPDATE and pasted the Data file to Medieval folder. Then I downloaded Western Units overhaul and opened it to Medieval folder. So far so good? As far as I have been able to figure out from reading forums.. I should be good to go? So I open with launcher and when it gets to single player campaign, I click, and it says "choose item from list". It won't let me do anything from there on. Can you tell me what I did wrong here? I am about to wipe the game from my comp and start over.

Sorry to double post.. So I installed the game again and got the mod to work. Everything works fine except the game is only taking up about 2/3rds of my screen. I tried to change the resolution, but every time I try to up the resolution the game crashes. I know this might be obvious stuff for some people.. but can anyone tell me how I raise the resolution and make the game full screen? Thanks.

cmlaflamme,
    4) Extract the contents of DLVBBv4.35.exe to your game folder (e.g. c:\m2)

5) If required extract the contents of the update to C:\M2\mods\dlv_ext
    You probably messed up your entire med2 by pasting DLV contents into med2 data folder. I would suggest to reinstall everything. As Taiji stated in the first post, install DLVBB6.35 into Med2 folder, then install the update (any future update included) into the med2\mods\DLV_ext. The installers are simply unpacking (just like winrar). So you can always extract anywhere and see what you get and paste it into your mod folder accordingly.

As for my installer it will ask you to locate DLV_ext folder, which you should do and then launch the game from the desktop icon or from the batch file in the mod folder (Launch_DLV_ext.bat or something like that).

Resolution is changed from Options -> Video Settings -> Resolution.

Sandy