Thread: 2 Questions regarding switching province ownership

Default 2 Questions regarding switching province ownership

Hi, I had two related questions regarding switching province ownership, as I am moving a lot of province ownership around for sake of both historical fidelity and balance.

1. What I have done is to simply a) transfer the entire settlement code I want to move to the settlement cluster section of the new owner in the descr_strat file, and b) delete the units of the old owner in the transferred province.

Is this sufficient? Though I haven't actually "played" with these changes, the game seems to load fine after the new changes, and the settlements do go to the owners that I intended.

2. Unfortunately, on the faction selection screen, the new owner is not shown as possessing the transferred provinces, even though the new owner does possess these transferred provinces on turn 1 when I do start a new game.

Is there a way to fix this disparity between what the faction selection screen shows and what actually occurs in the game?

Thanks in advance, as usual.

Edit: Having done a fairly exhaustive Google search, it looks like I did indeed change province ownership properly. But I cannot find anything on how to make sure the changed province ownership is reflected on the faction selection screen when you begin a campaign. Is this a separate and a more complex modding process?
    Last edited by lampros69; February 08, 2015 at 07:51 PM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: 2 Questions regarding switching province ownership

They are images which somebody has made. You will need to make your own to suit your mod.

data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_*.tga

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    They are images which somebody has made. You will need to make your own to suit your mod.

data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\map_*.tga
    Darn; I was afraid this was the case - and I am no photoshop wizard!

I cannot not, however, find this file. You sure you indicated the right folder?

Yes, that is the right folder.

You can use this tool to help make your own: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ov-2013-update

Yes, that is the right folder.

You can use this tool to help make your own: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ov-2013-update
    Then, somehow it doesn't exist in my folder. In my folder, I did find radar_map1 tga and radar_map2 tga - which seem to have files of the map un-colored but as is shown on the game itself. But I cannot find the one that shows how the campaign faction selection screen looks.

Thanks for the tool reference; I will try to use it once I can find the right file that I need to mod.

There should be one for each faction. Either in:

{M2TW}\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

or, for a mod

{M2TW}\mods\{mod name}\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

If you don't have them then maybe you have not unpacked the files.

There should be one for each faction. Either in:

{M2TW}\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

or, for a mod

{M2TW}\mods\{mod name}\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

If you don't have them then maybe you have not unpacked the files.
    Nope, I looked at every maps directory. I did find the ones for the vanilla game in {M2TW}\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign, but I couldn't find the ones for SS anywhere - and I've looked at all mod directories as well. I guess I have to simply live with the misleading factor selection screen map - as that only bothers me when I am selecting a faction in a new campaign.

Hmmm, the bugfix files I downloaded with SS contains a batch file called SS_campaign_map_reset. Perhaps this messes with those tga files?

Maybe SS still uses the vanilla campaign's.

Maybe SS still uses the vanilla campaign's.
    No, the map in those files are a lot different - in particular, they have far fewer number of provinces than SS.

I suppose I will ask at that forum - likely a few weeks later, since 1) people there seem to think I've spammed too many new threads; and 2) I've gotten into some harsh exchanges with some of their biggest modders about what I believe to be bad elements about that mod.