Thread: Max Morale?

Default Max Morale?

Is there a reasonable upper limit to a unit's starting max Morale? I only ask, because I want to mod Morale of all units for longer lasting game (maybe +2 Morale each), but I am afraid that if there is a low Morale ceiling, then it may go to waste as I tend to run high Chivalry generals.

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Max Morale?

most of the mods use 20-25 max morale for elite troops, also you can add some defense on units to prolong battles...

as a hardcore limit for morale Im not so sure, google it. Perhaps it is same as att or def (afaik 61 or 63), but it wont make much sense to go over 25 imho...

Quote Originally Posted by Mihajlo View Post
    most of the mods use 20-25 max morale for elite troops, also you can add some defense on units to prolong battles...

as a hardcore limit for morale Im not so sure, google it. Perhaps it is same as att or def (afaik 61 or 63), but it wont make much sense to go over 25 imho...
    I googled and couldn't really find the right answer, source, etc. ;(

Yeah, no unit would likely go over 25 with the changes I am contemplating. I am planning on around +2 per unit in general, and I don't think any SS unit is even 23 or over by default.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

There maybe a limit in which no amount of stacked morale malus can rout the unit.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

The highest Stainless Steel goes is 19 for Templar/Hospitaller cavalry, TATW's highest is 30 for Mumakil, a few extraordinary units with 20/21. Most elite units have 18 or 19 morale, although the real badasses have lock_morale.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

To be honest high morale stats can over saturate the system, you will get battles where both armies have over 90% killed on both sides. and tactical advantages like flanking and hills will become useless.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    To be honest high morale stats can over saturate the system, you will get battles where both armies have over 90% killed on both sides. and tactical advantages like flanking and hills will become useless.
    Agreed, but I am nowhere reaching that level with the default Morale numbers in SS.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    The highest Stainless Steel goes is 19 for Templar/Hospitaller cavalry, TATW's highest is 30 for Mumakil, a few extraordinary units with 20/21. Most elite units have 18 or 19 morale, although the real badasses have lock_morale.
    That's an excellent reference - thanks!