Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will_CA is leaving CA

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: Will_CA is leaving CA

The community is ridiculous and I wish they would make fun of us significantly more than they do.

Hopefully Craig will start a, "TWC Humor Thread" someday soon, so the CA staff and moderators can make annoying memes and silly puns about how insane and ridiculous the fan base is.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I love Will CA and im sad to see him leave. I hope he has good luck in all his future endavours

the ginger shall be missed..
    Last edited by anonimo272; May 09, 2015 at 09:35 AM.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I guess shifting through to find gold nuggets finally got to him and he finally had enough. best of luck to his future endeavors.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I guess shifting through to find gold nuggets finally got to him and he finally had enough. best of luck to his future endeavors.
    I would love to find gold nuggets in my .

Will, you won't be forgotten. Strangely fitting that his last Rally Point episode features him bing murdered, even if it wasn't planned.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    The community is ridiculous and I wish they would make fun of us significantly more than they do.

Hopefully Craig will start a, "TWC Humor Thread" someday soon, so the CA staff and moderators can make annoying memes and silly puns about how insane and ridiculous the fan base is.
    Absolutely.

Good luck Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    The "Chloey" person is the one should have left a long time ago. Atleast Will gave us entertainment, but the other didn't really do anything on par on her role at CA. I even remembered one of Rome 2's Rally point episode where "Chloey" is announcing a feature in a rude/sarcastic voice to us. It was actually about the added seasons feature. Even though the community rages and whines a lot, she still shouldn't have used that kind of tone towards the community.
    I think her name is Joey. I don't blame her, be a community manager isn't such a good job and can turn anyone into a misanthrope. Day after day, internet people show me how the web can exacerbate all the wrong sides of society: malice, jealousy, racism, misogyny, extremism, inability to empathize and so on.

There is nobody in front of them and they are anonymous, all the etiquette and the social conventions tend to disappear because of that. It result that most of the social pariahs seem to be the majority on the web because they can't do this in the real life and they get that chance to do so.

It's easy to find comments from haters because they are the people who post most, the constructive or positive comments are more rare because the satisfied people don't take the time to post, basically they don't seem interested to do it whereas the haters get satisfaction in posting hate comments.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrien Ier View Post
    Good luck Will.

I think her name is Joey. I don't blame her, be a community manager isn't such a good job and can turn anyone into a misanthrope. Day after day, internet people show me how the web can exacerbate all the wrong sides of society: malice, jealousy, racism, misogyny, extremism, inability to empathize and so on.

There is nobody in front of them and they are anonymous, all the etiquette and the social conventions tend to disappear because of that. It result that most of the social pariahs seem to be the majority on the web because they can't do this in the real life and they get that chance to do so.

It's easy to find comments from haters because they are the people who post most, the constructive or positive comments are more rare because the satisfied people don't take the time to post, basically they don't seem interested to do it whereas the haters get satisfaction in posting hate comments.
    Massive quote on this post, that should be sculptured into Marble same as during Roman empire age.

I miss Will. I don't like the idea he is leaving CA. He was funny and enthousiastic, a positive spammer of irony really necessary when we consider too much seriously these games

Good luck to this orange man and a big hug to Craig who loses an everyday coleigh but surely not a friend.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Good luck Will.

You, sir, are a legend.

I like to think that people are just stupid and don't understand that these are real people with real lives and real feelings but unfortunately I doubt that's the case. People are cruel because they enjoy it and there's no place other than the internet where they can be as cruel they like with no consequences!.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Good luck Will.

Hmm wise words but I see little hate on these forums anger perhaps and the self-delusion that what you say matters which of course it does not.

Will is not my friend he was a paid employee of a firm whose job was to pretend that the company he worked for gave a crap about the people who bought their games, he could be replaced by a chimpanzee for all I care since most of what he presented to us the only criteria by which I have to judge him was pure tosh which perhaps is a true reflection of what CA do think about their customers.

So good luck Will and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Hmm wise words but I see little hate on these forums anger perhaps and the self-delusion that what you say matters which of course it does not.

Will is not my friend he was a paid employee of a firm whose job was to pretend that the company he worked for gave a crap about the people who bought their games, he could be replaced by a chimpanzee for all I care since most of what he presented to us the only criteria by which I have to judge him was pure tosh which perhaps is a true reflection of what CA do think about their customers.

So good luck Will and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
    Was the second part of that post supposed to be a parody for the sake of the first sentence? If so, very clever.

"I see little hate" - "So here's some".

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Before calling out people stupid. You should first know how a corporate company works. You know, personal emotions must be left aside if you are working in a corporate company right? especially if you are paid to do so. Not just in that certain company but in all other job areas too.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Before calling out people stupid. You should first know how a corporate company works. You know, personal emotions must be left aside if you are working in a corporate company right? especially if you are paid to do so. Not just in that certain company but in all other job areas too.
    So when a human gets a job they cease being a human? I don't think it works like that.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Cease Being human? When did I say that? You're not getting the point here. The reason why you got in that corporate company is because you are an educated and well mannered person, you should have that ability to control those kind of emotions whatever how difficult it is to resist. Heck, you won't see a receptionist being rude to a customer if it complains right? Even if he/she did, do you still think that's the right method on approaching a customer?

Edit: These guys can be rude at us all they can as long as it's secretive, but publicly showing it at rallypoint its just doesn't seem right.
    Last edited by Garensterz; May 09, 2015 at 08:40 PM.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

When were they rude to anyone?

What I got from the earlier post was that its ok to cruelly criticise someone if they are doing their job. I guess I read it wrong, or just in the context of the post you responded to.
    Last edited by Sebidee; May 09, 2015 at 08:46 PM.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Excellent. Good luck Will_CA and all that. I'm afraid there is nothing to discuss here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123