Thread: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dwarven Warriors, Dwarven Nobles and Grimbeorn preview! - page 193

Tonzura's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Battle Difficulty in FRoGS

Sorry about that- will do in the future. And thanks for the welcome.

Question's still open if anyone can break it down for me.

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dale Woodsmen Christmas preview - page 179!

will this ever be updated with the patch 4.8 for all the new settlements? that would be awesome, or how I can integrate those new buildings to this mod?

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Forgotten Realms of Gathered Submods (FRoGS) v2.5.1 RELEASED!!! ~ Reworked Dale Woodsmen Christmas preview - page 179!

fancy trying this out too

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by colonel bolgin View Post
    will this ever be updated with the patch 4.8 for all the new settlements? that would be awesome, or how I can integrate those new buildings to this mod?
    I hope so, mostly. Though there's nobody to do it now. I wish I knew how to do it.

this is the only mod I play in my opinion this is the best third age ,and I don't know why I don't like DAC as much as this so the new building would be awesome.

I personally don't like the units in DAC, they're really inconsistent in quality. The only thing I do like is that Dol Amroth is its own faction

frogs v3.0 you say?!?! now a waiting game for this and and Third age: Rise of Mordor
    cant wait Araval

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Gareth View Post
    I personally don't like the units in DAC, they're really inconsistent in quality. The only thing I do like is that Dol Amroth is its own faction
    RIGHT!!! same here dude

Araval is there a way to recruit the "Wardens of the white tower" units, like not them just being generals bodyguard?
    thx

atrida97's Avatar Laetus

hey dude I'v a problem, and for real I don´t know what to do, when I start the game it appearsme this error.
    Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Third_Age_3?G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    Line:27
    Character:23
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Microsoft's error VBScript in ejecution time

what coult dat be? please help me im very exited for playing ur submod.

Quote Originally Posted by atrida97 View Post
    hey dude I'v a problem, and for real I don´t know what to do, when I start the game it appearsme this error.
    Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Third_Age_3?G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    Line:27
    Character:23
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Microsoft's error VBScript in ejecution time

what coult dat be? please help me im very exited for playing ur submod.
    Welcome to the forums! Tech guys might know more about it but maybe it has something to do with your user account permission..?
    I wonder why there's a "?" here: Script: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II - Total War\mods\Third_Age_3?G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    If nothing else helps, maybe deleting the switcher file from your mod folder and also removing its reference from the Third Age.bat file helps you start the game. But this way (in case it works) you'd lose some different battle AI setups appearing in your game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinBudo View Post
    Araval is there a way to recruit the "Wardens of the white tower" units, like not them just being generals bodyguard?
    thx
    No but you can make them recruitable from export_descr_buildings.txt, it should be save game compatible.

as you know im a noob when it comes to modding files;p

so would i have to change some text in "export_descr_buildings.txt"?

also if I am succeful, how does the game unlock them? like would they be availbe for recruitment at turn 1 or will it be with the royal barracks or something?

k thx you so much hope i dont make you go crazy with my noobiness;p

You'll have to add a recruitment line to whatever building or barracks level you wish them to be recruitable from and how fast to replenish. Study the file and it should start to make some sense. That's how I started.

atrida97's Avatar Laetus

Thanx!!! I really don't know wath was happening, so I uninstall all, even TATW and installed again, and it works .
    I really like the submod. Well I really like Rhun, and the chariots are awsome, really really awsome, in my opinion it balances the battle field when ur playing against Harad and the mumakil, or vale of anduin and their mighty chavalry or OoMM and the balrogs, or any elf.
    Thanx to u and all the team for the submod.
    But ... I'v another little problem, I don't know if it is or not a problem, maybe I don't read the complete information abaut the submod or something, but every time I try to start a campaign it takes me out to the single player's menu.
    I check all in my instalation again but there was ok, and I don´t know what happend (again) sorry if im bothering.
    and thanx for the wellcome

Glad you like it!
    Did you delete map.rwm as instructed? Usually it happens when this hasn't been done.

atrida97's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Glad you like it!
    Did you delete map.rwm as instructed? Usually it happens when this hasn't been done.
    yup, also the key file, but now when i try to start a campaign it takes me out of the game, when its abaut 99% to begin the campaign.

Probably something went wrong with your installation then. I suggest you to try reinstalling as instructed on a clean copy of Third Age 3.2.

atrida97's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Probably something went wrong with your installation then. I suggest you to try reinstalling as instructed on a clean copy of Third Age 3.2.
    finally thanx for all.

so I was working on the units from El Bucle, creating my own thing, and well, long story short I got things how I wanted, but there was this additional work I wanted to do on the shields of the Iron Spearmen(which replace the look of Iron Guard in my mod. I ended up loosing the work I did in making the octagon shields of the Iron Spearmen, hexagonal ones like in the movie, rememeber Dain's arrival with his army, the guys with the shields and spears, that kind of shield.

So I wonder, by any chance, has this already been done, or is planned, so I don't have to do it again lol. Also, has anyone made the spears's points smaller, and/or perhaps the spear itself longer. I wanted to see as close of a representation of the soldiers in the movie as possible.

Afaik no one has done movie Iron hills dwarves yet, don't know much about plans though. Would you care to share an image of your progress, might catch some interest?