Thread: Heroes/lords speculation

Senator

Default Heroes/lords speculation

For reikland/altdorf we have:
    Karl Franz: (confirmed) the emperor and elector count of reikland/altdorf

Kurt helborg: Grand master of the reiksguard knightly order and supreme commander of the armies of the empire

Ludwig schwarzhelm: the emperor's champion (gameplay wise could be a great way to introduce standard bearer hero mechanics. And duels for that matter if those features are even ingame)

Volkmar the grim: grand theogonist of the church of sigmar(the pope, chief warrior priest)

Balthazar gelt: supreme patriarch of the colleges of magic(leader of the empire wizards)

No representatives for engineers(not a special character one at least) but I'm sure they will be represented as well.

These are the special characters that are in altdorf/reikland, the only confirmed faction for the empire race.
    Anyone want speculate on the other races or subfactions?

Tiro

Default Re: Heroes/lords speculation

Greenskins
    Grimgor Ironhide (confirmed as playable Leader)
    Azhag the slaughterer (artwork at least)
    Wurrzag the green prophet is possible, no hint so far.
    beyond these three I do not see other special chars for this game. Most famous orc/goblin characters are dead or missing in the estimated timeline of 2502 (Karl franz reigns) and 2520 (nearing us the horrible endtimes).

In one of the other standalone games or as DLC, I can see (and would very much like)
    Skarsnik, Warlord of the Eigth Peaks in some fierce battles in and around Karak Eight Peaks with his old foe and part-time ally Gorfang Rotgut (dies around 2520 when Thorgrim attacks Black Crag), Skaven nemesis Queek Headtaker and dwarf king Belegar Ironhammer. Of course we need Skaven as playable faction first to truly have the full battle experience of Karak Eight Peaks but what glorious battles can be fought there with the background already in place

For Vampire Undead
    Manfred von Carstein (confirmed playable leader)
    I would assume sooner or later we see
    Heinrich Kemmler
    Neferata
    Zacharias the Everliving

Dwarves get
    Thorgrim Grudgebearer (confirmed as playable leader)
    and I expect
    Thorek Ironbrow as Runelord for whatever dwarfs get as magic counterpart ^^
    Ungrim Ironfist as mighty Slayer and king of Karak Kadrin. Maybe a guest role for Thorkes quests.
    Josef Bugman also a good fit for a minor questline and guest apperance

Famous Gotrek & Felix could have a guest apperance in the dwarf or empire storyline.
    And if Creative Assembly wants to win some hearts, the empire has somewhere a guest apperance of the Grudgebringer mercenaries from the beloved old games "Shadow of the horned rat" and "Dark Omen".

----Red Dox

beyond these three I do not see other special chars for this game. Most famous orc/goblin characters are dead or missing in the estimated timeline of 2502 (Karl franz reigns)
    Well, considering Azhag is dead aswell, I dont think thats going to be a factor in this game.
    Last edited by Orkfaeller; June 19, 2015 at 07:31 AM.

Tiro

Azhag dies in 2515. So if Karl Franz get crowned in 2502, and we assume that we follow the timeline from there until 2520, we could have Azhags life, Waaagh and death.
    But other notorious Greenskins like Grom the Paunch (2420) or Gorbad Ironclaw (1705) have still no place in the estimated timeline

-----Red Dox

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dox View Post
    Azhag dies in 2515. So if Karl Franz get crowned in 2502, and we assume that we follow the timeline from there until 2520, we could have Azhags life, Waaagh and death.
    But other notorious Greenskins like Grom the Paunch (2420) or Gorbad Ironclaw (1705) have still no place in the estimated timeline

-----Red Dox
    2502 should definitely be the start date. much more material to work with, as far as characters and questlines.

for vampire counts: perhaps Walach Harkon at blood keep? (bit of a stretch i know, but if subfactions like other provinces such as nuln/wissenland are eventually include, it's possible)
    I hope somehow, someway we get a Vlad dlc.

Can someone point me to Azhag's artwork please?

Blood Keep is long long way away from any other Vampire faction unit. Zacharias is a vampire thief magician riding a Black Dragon. He actually has very little to do with the Vampire actions. Other than the von Carsteins and the Lahmians, the Necrarch, Blood Dragons and Strigoi rarely take to battle, or have much to do with anything.
    Last edited by Son of Horus; June 19, 2015 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Horus View Post
    Can someone point me to Azhag's artwork please?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...p-Video-Thread

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Balthasar Gelt is also sort-of confirmed.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Senator

saw that picture but didn't put the two together, good find

question is, is he a lord or a hero

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    question is, is he a lord or a hero
    in regards to the game, probably a hero

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

I hope we also get Thyrus Gormann. I like their rivalry. Someone needs to beat the crap out of Egrimm van Horstmann and Gelt is more of a schemer than a beat stick. Can never trust a Marienburger to not go insane and kill everyone.

Last edited by Col. Tartleton; June 21, 2015 at 04:38 AM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Senator

i agree, thyrus gormann is still the man in my opinion

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Could please someone who play table top the magic abilities. Ca already confirmed they use the rules Book and we will See known magic from table top.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    Could please someone who play table top the magic abilities. Ca already confirmed they use the rules Book and we will See known magic from table top.
    Like, you wanna know the spells list from the TT, straight up?

Usually, most spells seem to change alot and get straight up replaced with new editions, and we dont know if CA decided to simply take the 8th edition spells, or some of the earlier editions aswell.

But here is an overview of the Big WAAAGH! and the Little WAAAGH! for 8th ediiton I found ( there might be better ones ); might wanna read through it.

__

Does anyone know if Green Skin shamans are allowed to pick one of the generic schools of magic instead? Like Lore of Fire or Beast?
    __

Edit: More Lores of Magic:

http://hoodlinghole.blogspot.co.at/p...-of-magic.html write up
    http://de.scribd.com/doc/39028005/Wa...aysheet#scribd pure rules
    Last edited by Orkfaeller; June 23, 2015 at 07:01 AM.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    The Rulebook offers 8 lores of magic contributed to the 8 winds of magic (Fire, metal, shadow, death, life, beast, light, heaven).
    Eacht lore has 6 spells and one signature spell. So it would be a lot of detail do descripe all of the spells and I assume that not every spell will make it into the game, only the most iconic ones. Mentioned in one article was the comet of casandora (heaven). It is a ing meteor that strikes a fixed position on the battlefield in a random turn and mostly annihilates everything in a random area. If the enemy player doesnt run with his tropps he has to accept the lost of some of his tropps. Of cours that makes the spell excellent to get troops out of entrecnhed positions ^^

But the rulebook lores are not the only magic lores. Most races have a unique spell list (high Elves White magic, Dark Elves Dark magic, greenskins the big and the little Waaagh) and a sorceror can often choose which lore he takes to the battlefield and generates spells only from that lore.
    And yes, there are some powerful magical beings that can choose their spells from multiple magic decks but i doubt we will see some in the first game with the 4 knwon playable factions.

The spells in a lore are mostly buffs, curses or direct damage spells. With some spells being magic vortexes (hoovering templates that in most cases kill everything they touch). What CA makes of that and how the magic system will work, we have to see in some videos in the future. For a good example, these are the greenskin lores
    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ge-d41a78b.jpg
    even if you do not play the game, you get the idea from the card effects. For spell/lore listing check
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_Magic

Some magic spells have changed their effect over the everchanging game editions (currently Warhammaer Fantasy has the eight ediion and 25 years of tabletop behind 9th edition should be around the corner and come in the following weeks). So it is not written in stone that CA will use the current spells. Maybe they take some spells/effects that were lost over the edition and will fit better in their game.

Does anyone know if Green Skin shamans are allowed to pick one of the generic schools of magic instead? Like Lore of Fire or Beast?
    In tabletop, no. Only the Waaagh magic (big for orc shamans and little for goblins). And with "endtimes", the Lore of Undeath but since we skip the Endtimes (Thank Gork/Mork) that will not happen.
    At least Gorks/Morks Foot was already mentioned in some article. Would be a shame if we greenskins could not summon some large godly feets to stomp our enemies proper

-----Red Dox

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Thank you guys
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.