Thread: Guilds Overview

Default Guilds Overview

Is there any Guide/Overview for handling guilds in SSHIP? I remember there was one for SS, but i couldnt find any for SSHIP.

The reason: i have a swordmasters guild in Jerusalem with CS and i was wondering how to upgrade the guild.

Thx!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guilds Overview

As far as I can remember, we haven't touched the Guilds but I might be wrong. If I'm right, it should work like in SS.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Ok, thx. guess that means training more swordsmen

I do not understand Why people create so many theme? if all this could be to ask in personal message or in any other theme.

Just read export_descr_guilds.txt in the mod data folder.

Best ways to do it are training infantry in the settlement (any infantry will do), having a faction leader with command greater than 4, having a governor with command greater than 4, don't have an idle recruitment queue in the settlement, and build an armourer.

Keep the governor in place and keep training in the settlement and you should get a master guild in due time, provided you don't have one in another settlement. Headquarters may take longer and there will only be one in the world so you may miss out on this one to a rival's fortress.

As the mod hasn't loked much at guilds perhaps we could widen the discussion here to see if they can be re-worked in any productive way ?

The wikipedia article gives a good start to those unfamiliar with guilds : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild

Guilds were primarily concerned with trade and crafts, but could also cover legal, educational and other matters.

Multiple guilds could exist in towns and cities, depedning on the size of the settlement and the variety of trades and crafts practiced there.

Any bonuses per guild would have to be small, so that accumulating guilds didn't end up with too much effect on the game -
    probably a good idea to only allow certain guilds to appear with large cities and above to stop smaller towns having too many.

some guilds would need the presence of certain buildings - merchant adventurers would need improved ship building, miners improved mines etc etc.

For those wanting some warfare associated items - there woud be armourers, bowyers and the like. to give relevant bonuses as per existing game.

Any guilds would have to be associated with bonuses so the AI would also build them, not be priced too highly, and not be dependent on the traits or virtues of governors
    - players never know what is required and the AI wouldn't know where to begin with them.

We could lose the thieves and assassins guilds though - too Discworld.