Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Garrison Script v1.3 >>> NO TURN LAG <<<

Default Re: Garrison Script v1.3 >>> NO TURN LAG <<<

Hey Tsarsies,

Is that compatible with the latest RRRC april25?

thanks.

I honestly can not say if this will work with the latest RR/RC. You could always try it. The reason it wouldn't work is if units have changed since the may update...

The current version in not compatable with the late era. Only the regular campaign.

I Uploaded the 1.2 Version (which includes the late era). This is if you do not use RR/RC. As it has been awhile (6 months) i am not sure if it will work with the 6.2 update.
    ...longbows, in skilled hands, could reach further than trebuchets...

salut Tsarsies
    great ideea, but my game run slowly, i think script is long
    can you put the same instruction in script for all settlements on the map ? , and not for each name of settlements
    eg same mercenary elite units to spawn in any city

Hey Tsarsies. good work!

just a couple of quick questions...

Your script spawns units to fortify the AI when the player sieges a settlement.
    But what happens when an AI faction sieges another AI settlement? Does the attacked faction also gets extra units to help its defense? If not, I think it would make sense....
    And why not in the rebel faction also?
    I'm playing RR/RC and I think it would help the game a lot since I've noticed some cases of excessive initial expansion due to poorly defended settlements.... For example, the Fatimids rapidly expand during the first 10 turns by conquering poorly defended rebel settlements.

Another question is: if the siege fails, does the AI keeps the spawned units? If the idea is that AI defenders from the contryside will rush into the settlement to help its defense, it would also make sense if they get back to its life after the siege.
    Last edited by krolyn; January 18, 2010 at 03:33 PM.

AI vs AI sieges do not spawn any units. Only Player vs AI. The garrison script written for TATW spawns for AI vs AI and that script is based off of this one so in short, it would be possible to set this script up for AI vs AI. It does not include rebel settlements either as the script was intended to just assist AI factions and make the game harder for the player overall. The AI does keep the units if the siege fails. I tried various ways to remove the units after the siege but it is not possible. It is only possible if units were created specifically for a garrison script, then those units could be removed afterwards. Reason why is because when you go to remove a unit from the game it removes ALL instances of that unit across the map. So if a unit was specifically created for the garrison script then you would only have those units spawned for sieges and could be removed afterwards without affecting units across the map. SS uses up all 500 unit slots as far as i know...

On a more recent note, i am no longer updating this script. Simply do not have the time for it. I highly doubt it is compatable with any of the more recent mods so likely needs to be rewritten (atleast having units changed in and out).
    ...longbows, in skilled hands, could reach further than trebuchets...

'AI vs AI sieges do not spawn any units. Only Player vs AI.'

In my game Templars have conquered Adana. Then Egypt attacked that settlement and garrison script have helped Templars with 2x Mercenary Saracens & Turkish Archers (without textures). So, I've got a 2 questions:

1. AI controlled faction conquers rebel province. If I attack this province, that settlement would get units from script or not?
    2. AI controlled faction conquers some province of other AI controlled faction. My forces attacks that settlement. What about units from script ?

-------------
    Sorry for my english - I haven't write in that language for a long, long time.

any plans for a 6.3 compatible version?
    Oh, for Heaven's sake, now you're being deliberately stupid.
    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    Wudang why did you close the thread? Because you can't find a source refuting mine? LoL how's the quest to ban me going?

where is the link to download?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213