Thread: Everybody hating on the HRE?

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Everybody hating on the HRE?

Played about 75 turns as the HRE now and I've been at war with just about every catholic nation at least once. Even factions ive never encountered are lowering their relations to me lol. Why is this happening? I mean I've pretty much turned the HRE into Germany of 1942 but its not even 1177 yet and I've been using mailed knights to conquer Europe lol. Why is this happening to the Hre specifically?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Everybody hating on the HRE?

That's not specific to the HRE. MWY has made the AI as the most powerful you are, the less "popular" you are. That means when your expand your knigdom, the other factions start to see you as a possible threat and so, lower their relation.
    The main thing with HRE is that you're already starting with a powerful kingdom and you have a central position in Europe, surrounded by numerous kingdoms.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 28, 2015 at 01:45 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

"MWY has made the AI as the most powerful you are, the less "popular" you are."

It was already like that in Vanilla M2.

"the other factions start to see you as a possible thread"

Ils te voient comme un fil possible...

Blog Entries

Thanks for pointing my typos k/t I've corrected it.
    Regarding the AI, if I remember it correctly, I think that MWY has improved it even if it was already in the original game.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Same thing happens to the Byzzies - when I won the game I ended up at war with every nation I bordered, and every time I won a battle or conquered a region I got a "your relations have worsened" message, even for factions which were enemies of the factions I was defeating!

Blog Entries

At some stages, once you have reached a certain level of power, each time you win a battle, your reputation is worsened even with factions on the other side of the map (no matter which faction you play).
    I'm not sure that it can be adjusted. I can understand that with the factions bordering yours or not far away but not for factions on the other face of the "known world". For example, during my last Abbasid campaign, while at war with the Zengids, each battle won made my relations worsened with Denmark. How can Denmark could care about what was happening in Mesopotamia? It doesn't sound realistic to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    At some stages, once you have reached a certain level of power, each time you win a battle, your reputation is worsened even with factions on the other side of the map (no matter which faction you play).
    I'm not sure that it can be adjusted. I can understand that with the factions bordering yours or not far away but not for factions on the other face of the "known world". For example, during my last Abbasid campaign, while at war with the Zengids, each battle won made my relations worsened with Denmark. How can Denmark could care about what was happening in Mesopotamia? It doesn't sound realistic to me.
    Same here, except for me it was usually Aragon and Portugal when I was giving the Seljuks and Fatamids a good kicking.

Yeah, Aragon and Portugal those well known Muslim sympathisers...

The funny thing is though I was more than happy minding my own buisness for a hundred turns at least and only conquered the bordering rebel towns for the first 30 turns. Apparently that really pissed a lot of people off. I haven't started a war yet, only been attacked.

they see you conquerin they hatin, patrolling and trying to take you down

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    The funny thing is though I was more than happy minding my own buisness for a hundred turns at least and only conquered the bordering rebel towns for the first 30 turns. Apparently that really pissed a lot of people off. I haven't started a war yet, only been attacked.
    Same here - apart from Rum who I was at war with at the start, I just capture rebel towns in Anatolia and the Caucasus, and took Severin in the west. That was enough to get DOWs from HRE, Venice, Sicily, Hungary, Pisa, Georgia, Zengids, Fatamids, Seljuks and Moors! Seems in SS, or just M2 in general, you always reach a point at which your neighbours just decide to kill you regardless of how honourable you are towards them.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

I had no such experience in neither SS nor Titanium/SSHIP.

Factions only declare war at me if our relations are low and I am weaker(savage AI).
    I once spent 30 turns fighting as the HRE in Italy and neither France, nor Poland/Denmark/Hungary attacked me because I sent some cash to them.

Heck, I rescued an eastern Polish town from the Cumans once and returned it back to Poland...they did not declare war on me for 50-60 turns, even though our relations were poor.

You guys are just baddies and you are ashamed to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    I had no such experience in neither SS nor Titanium/SSHIP.

Factions only declare war at me if our relations are low and I am weaker(savage AI).
    I once spent 30 turns fighting as the HRE in Italy and neither France, nor Poland/Denmark/Hungary attacked me because I sent some cash to them.

Heck, I rescued an eastern Polish town from the Cumans once and returned it back to Poland...they did not declare war on me for 50-60 turns, even though our relations were poor.

You guys are just baddies and you are ashamed to admit it
    I swear, I am like the real historical Roman Empire; invading the whole of Europe through defensive wars and more and more often finding myself staying in the territories I've captured. I've decided my empire will not be safe until all of Catholicism under my domain. Only England and scotland and the Spain haven't declared war on me yet. i can't even join a crusade because doing so would leave either my eastern or western front open to attack.

I have also experienced this as the Byzies, but I felt it was somewhat justified considering I was encroaching on lands the catholics might want and the Middle east. As the biggest catholic state however, you would think most nations would instead seek to be under my protection.
    Last edited by RedGuard; September 28, 2015 at 01:51 PM.