Thread: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Anyone else on why Genoa has no access via its trade port (at any level) to trade ships??
    Hi,

trade ships are removed by default. You need to use one of the gameplay options.
    I know it's silly but several players had problems with them ( I never found any!).

good luck,

Default Re: IMPERIAL DESTROYER SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by PMPG View Post
    Hi,

trade ships are removed by default. You need to use one of the gameplay options.
    I know it's silly but several players had problems with them ( I never found any!).

good luck,
    Cant believe it, seriously, i've never noticed an issue with them in over 1000hrs of play?

Problem is there isn't an option to add trading ships without also adding another option tied with it!

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    New changes:
    -Replaced hand mortars by carbines for artillery crew (also historical accurate)
    -Increased the number of artillery crew up to 72 men
    -Removed Horse arillery due to bugs causing by increased artillery crew
    -Mortars will be as garrison troops with a weak power of guns
    -Activated new port in Morea

PMPG
    New firing drill isn't less effective than before against to melee units, even more effective. In my observation, 3rd ,4th ranks of line infantry gradually begin to fire when melee units approach closer.
    Praise be with you lordsith for fixing the artillery! Just a quick suggestion, as much as carbines have made the artillery 100x better, maybe pistols would be more historically accurate? Not that I have proof right now but it seems right.

Also, thank you for the firing drills. I didn't think it was possible so huzzah for you.
    Last edited by MRENGLISHRULES; October 05, 2015 at 02:51 PM.

Domesticus

In regards to the Austrians, carbines are accurate The Artillery Fusiliers, as I said, were armed with musket, and were basically infantrymen tasted with guarding the artillery in an infantry manner, and do the heavy lifting, since during that time, artillerymen were a trained trade position, and not so much a soldier.

And yes, I love these developments Be sure to make the hand mortarmen into their own seperate unit when you get the chance, I do enjoy them!

Something about all those explosions....delicious

I sadly do not agree with the person above. Way too many explosions and cannon balls flying everywhere. If you do remake the hand morter crews, make them an optional expansion.

Domesticus

Well, could just decide to not train them I dont see most armies building a wide variety of artillery.

But optionally could work

and I mean handmortar men as a seperate unit, like in vanilla for the Ottomans(IIRC anyway) and the Hetmantate

Hi,

Lordsith,

A couple of suggetions to improve the campaign balance.
    I believe that I allready posted them but in any case let me throw them again,

1) Since Denmark will own the former Norwegian regions they will probably be more willingned to attack Sweeden, and in that case removing the 'ring bayonet' tech from the start would balance the odds in the Great Northern War.

2) The capital of Morocco, this one I now I have allready suggest..., should move to Fes or Marrakesh (probably Marrakesh since it allready has roads!).
    Tangier the current capital only gained projection in the late end of the century.
    Fes was the most populated city of Morocco and the capital changed several times in the 18th century between Fes, Marrakesh and, not 100% sure, Rabat.
    Also it would make a more difficult task for Spain to conquer and hold Morocco (specially if we use VDM due to desert attrition).

3) Fance region starts a little over industrialized, relatively to GB and Germany, it would be more accurate to remove 1-2 factories and improve the level of the undeveloped farms!

4) When the Hugarian Confederacy emerges under Ottoman control, it allways declares war on Austria an not on the Ottomans!, the same with the USA vs GB when emerged under Cherokee control. Shouldn't they declare war on the nation that was controlling the region where they emerged, just like every other emergent nation!?

Will not bother more for now,

Many Thanks,

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

New changes
    1) returned original number of artillery crew
    2) Removed unuseful military technologies
    Hi,
    PMPG
    1)Ok
    2)It's very difficult work
    3)Will see
    4)Emerged faction under the CAI control don't declare war on the nation whcih was controlling the region, hardcoded. I's possible just manualy declare war on certain factions

P.S Sorry for short answers, i'm very busy with mod
    Last edited by Lordsith; October 10, 2015 at 11:11 AM.

New changes

Thankyou for the great work LordSith! I only found out about the Imperial Destroyer mod last night. I'm looking forwards to trying it out as soon as I have time

There is one thing that bothers me about population and unit recruitment. Is it possible for the population to decrease when a unit is recruited, based on how many men there are in the unit? For example, a unit of artillery has 24 men and so the population decreases by 24. A unit of militia has 500 men so the population decreases by 500. In vanilla and DME the population decreases by 50 regardless of unit numbers.

It's by no means a big issue, as there are so many other things you are working on! I'm just curious as to what you have to say, and if it's a good idea or not

The problem with that is we have realish numbers for region populations, but our units are not. Only way I can think of to make it work would scale populations down or units up. Recruiting 200 men drains 1000 population.

It also doesn't reflect the situation of the time, where you can't make any old man into any soldier. You are not taking a man from a factory and making him into a cavalryman, except at great expense, since he can't afford his own horse.

Same goes for artillery, who took far longer to train than the infantry.

Hi all,

P.S Sorry for short answers, i'm very busy with mod
    , Marrakesh..., maybe for version 5.0!

Triple25mm,

welcome,

Unfortunently it is only possible to set a fixed amount that decreases the population, no matter the number of troops the unit you recruit has.

So it will decrease the population of a region by the same amount, no matter you are recruitting 45 soldiers horse unit or a 120 soldiers line inf. unit...
    It is also possible to set a lower limit to prevent recruitment if a region population is <= to x, but theese 2 mechanics only goal was to restrict heavy recruitment in north america theater ( that is by default less populated).

Good luck and good campaigns,

Are that superkilling handmortas removed from artillery unit?
    To me that seems to be the only big problem.

Domesticus

Yep!

As ive been saying, hope they make it in as a regular unit. Especially since I dont see that much artillery diversity in armies, so dont think we'd get stacks of them

Patrician

Hope the new patch will be released till the end of this week
    Last edited by Lordsith; October 15, 2015 at 01:39 AM.

Patrician

Released patch 4.6

Patch 4.6
    -Added new technologies from Napoleon total war
    -Reworked original technologies effects
    -Reworked death animations
    -New skins for some units
    -Added separate units with hand mortars for Russians and Ottomans
    -Added new units
    -Added new icons for some units
    -Reworked stats of some units
    -Removed hand mortars from artillery crew
    -New artillery balance
    -More dynamic naval battles
    -The fort walls are destructible again
    -Two ranked firing drill
    -Rebalanced units of eastern and indian factions
    -Activated some new ports in campaign map
    -New victory conditions
    -No forts mod updated
    -A lot of other changes
    Your ongoing campaigns are not compatible with new patch, so you need to start a new campaign
    Last edited by Lordsith; October 18, 2015 at 02:59 PM.

Released patch 4.6

-No forts mod updated

Your ongoing campaigns are not compatible with new patch, so you need to start a new campaign
    Is that all that is updated in this patch or is it the other things you said before as well? (Eg; New firing formations, fixing broken artillery, ect)

Patrician

MRENGLISHRULES,
    All features of patch 4.6 described in main page

MRENGLISHRULES,
    All features of patch 4.6 described in main page
    So the update doesn't include those then. Just the no fort update.

Patrician

Patch 4.6
    -Added new technologies from Napoleon total war
    -Reworked original technologies effects
    -Reworked death animations
    -New skins for some units
    -Added separate units with hand mortars for Russians and Ottomans
    -Added new units
    -Added new icons for some units
    -Reworked stats of some units
    -Removed hand mortars from artillery crew
    -New artillery balance
    -More dynamic naval battles
    -The fort walls are destructible again
    -Two ranked firing drill
    -Rebalanced units of eastern and indian factions
    -Activated some new ports in campaign map
    -New victory conditions
    -No forts mod updated
    -A lot of other changes
    Last edited by Lordsith; October 18, 2015 at 02:58 PM.

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Great news dear Lordsith!! Can't wait to start a new campaign but at the same time it will be a tough decision regarding my ongoing Polish campaign I'm yet to deal with those who dare to oppose my might....but those changes.....