Thread: Allowed to keep my submod on the page?

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Allowed to keep my submod on the page?

A while back I (November) made a submod for SSHIP which changed some of the faction names and character titles to more historically accurate versions.
    So far I haven't gotten any kind of feedback to it, and I'm just wondering, am I allowed to have that submod uploaded or do I need permission from Lifthrasir or someone else?
    The thread for my submod is called "Historically accurate English/German/Byzantine faction names/character titles"

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Allowed to keep my submod on the page?

ZombieZleeping,

If your sub mod is independent of SSHIP you do not require Lifthrasir permission to upload your sub mod or any other modder for that matter. However if you have used other people's work, you must have sought their permission and credit them in the thread.

Navajo Joe

SS Forum Moderator

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Besides that I'm pretty sure you would get the permission, I don't really think you need it to release some textfiles you changed.

The only thing you should make sure is that it's always for the newest version of SSHIP.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Well, thanks for the help. I credited the SS and SSHIP creators, and I will soon update it for the latest version.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

As mentioned by Navajo Joe, as long you get permission to use materials from others, it's fine for me. For SSHIP, it is already fine. Overwise, I would have let you know last November
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader