Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Faction - Gerudo

Default Re: Faction - Gerudo

Quote Originally Posted by omnimercurial View Post
    Ice Arrows would be good I agree.

Are Terminas Pirate Women going to show up as an affiliate/Ally/Splinter Group?
    http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_Archers
    http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki...28mercenary%29
    http://hyruletotalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Gerudo_Pirates

Apani's Avatar Senator

I was thinking about marauders. They're meant to be flanking/chasing units, right? So why not give them javelins as well and make them usable as skirmishers? I envision Gerudos as being fond of hit and run tactics when they're not outmaneuvering and flanking.

Also, they could really use some shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    I was thinking about marauders. They're meant to be flanking/chasing units, right? So why not give them javelins as well and make them usable as skirmishers? I envision Gerudos as being fond of hit and run tactics when they're not outmaneuvering and flanking.

Also, they could really use some shields.
    Sadly. That is not lore or cannon supported. So I doubt they will get them unless they gave a reason for it.
    Labrina could benifit by enploying Pikes and Dragoons for example. But they will probably not get them.

Edit:
    But you could make a Mod with it.

Apani's Avatar Senator

I gave a good reason for it: Gerudo prefer ranged fighting and have poor durability; so it would fit their design perfectly if their junior militias employed hit and run tactics instead of being forced to act as cannon fodder (with their lack of equipment, even a 1 on 1 against town guards would be suicide).

And Gerudos in canon don't even have bows, nor Labrynnians have guns and steampunk machinery, Neph hust saw them fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    I gave a good reason for it: Gerudo prefer ranged fighting and have poor durability; so it would fit their design perfectly if their junior militias employed hit and run tactics instead of being forced to act as cannon fodder (with their lack of equipment, even a 1 on 1 against town guards would be suicide).

And Gerudos in canon don't even have bows, nor Labrynnians have guns and steampunk machinery, Neph hust saw them fitting.
    good points. But in OoT the Gerudo do say they do horse archery. And they even let Link practice it there.

You know, I always did wonder why Labrynna didn't get pikes. They're OK without them, but those would really fit their hang-back-and-shoot style of fighting.
    Hyrule: Total War
    Corcoro the Keaton Bomb-smith

Since the Gerudo have gotten an update in their appearance, especially in regards to the iron knuckle, I've been thinking up some ideas for diversity for the latter. Here is what the new iron knuckles look like:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Clearly an imposing foe on its own, but what if it had variants? This greataxe wielder could be a purely close-range, damaged focused unit with decent armor in order to shrug off a few blows before going down, after of course taking down many of its assailants.

Sword-and-Shield Iron Knuckle
    Focusing more on defense than offense, these iron knuckles could act as guards, slowing down enemy forces with their giant shields while Gerudo archers rain death upon their enemies. Being rather slow, they would be ill-suited for fighting archers, and horsemen would be able to outmaneuver rather easily, though a head-on charge would prove dangerous for them. These iron knuckles could be based upon those that appeared earlier in the series as well as the OoT beta, as well the suit that makes an appearance in MM.

Ball-and-Chain Iron Knuckle
    A unit that could act as a ranged unit for the iron knuckles. They would deal high damage from a moderate range, making them excellent against oncoming melee attackers, but would be inferior to archers as well as any opponent that gets too close. Could possess the weakest armor of all the iron knuckles. This design is based partly on Onix, as well as the fact that the new iron knuckles appear to be wearing silver gauntlets, which in Hyrule Warriors is associated with the ball-and-chain weapon.

Grappler Iron Knuckle
    A pure, unarmed melee variant that engages foes with oversized silver/golden gauntlets. Punches send foes flying, and they attack relatively fast for their size, and could in fact be the fastest of the iron knuckles in terms of overall speed.

Also good ideas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234