Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

As christians fighting against muslims, you already get a bonus in global reputation. If you continue to simply execute everyone and everything your basically overcoming that bonus in a negative way.

I admit that in a large faction it's quite hard to have a good global reputation. I will slightly adjust this.

@jurcek: Noted. It shouldnt affect the game though.

@aaron: You cant find the changes in this mod compared to vanilla? Are you serious?

We don't have limited activites etc. since it would slow the turntimes pretty much I think. We do have siege upkeep, a little spoils of war script, and reduced/increased morale for soldiers based on turns in enemy/friendly territory.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    As christians fighting against muslims, you already get a bonus in global reputation. If you continue to simply execute everyone and everything your basically overcoming that bonus in a negative way.
    If I wasn't executing everyone and everything I would be dead; simple as that. The reputation boost I get for fighting Muslims doesn't count for anything when in the normal course of survival for Outremer I'm left with no choice but to take action that harms it. Do you have any advice about what I might be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post

I admit that in a large faction it's quite hard to have a good global reputation. I will slightly adjust this.

@jurcek: Noted. It shouldnt affect the game though.

@aaron: You cant find the changes in this mod compared to vanilla? Are you serious?

We don't have limited activites etc. since it would slow the turntimes pretty much I think. We do have siege upkeep, a little spoils of war script, and reduced/increased morale for soldiers based on turns in enemy/friendly territory.
    Well I can see and experience all of them, but I was just wondering if there was a comprehensive list of what's been changed from SS, because there are some things that are not as obvious of course!

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    That is extremely kind, thank you! I'll hopefully be able to test it properly tonight or tomorrow. I'll make a backup of the original as you say, but in the event of future hotfixes and updates should I remove it for them and put the original back?

No problem, it only took about 5 minutes. In the event of an update, this file will become obsolete. If you paste this file over the updated one, any changes MWY is going to make will be lost. But don't worry, I'll make the same changes for the new version if necessary. I agree with your view on this matter, Crusader States should be able to recruit templars and hospitallers regardless of the faction standing, providing you have the appropriate chapter houses of course.

mailmancer's Avatar Laetus

I remember reading somewhere earlier in this thread that in ordee for the teutonic knights to appear the crusader states must lose certain settlements? Is this true? If so, does this mean if they never lose any settlements the knights never appear?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

As far as I know, this is not correct. Orders are only based on reputation.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yes, for the teutonic order, I believe it is true. According to campaign_script, CS must have less than 6 regions and no Jerusalem or Antioch for the teutonic order to emerge.

yes, i guess that this could be remodeled and also LIfth or MWY could explain a bit as works the recruitment orders and what units is possible recruit in each chapter house... in early era i can see foot templars and sergeants but no templars knights in horses...or in high era campaignin in CS i can see lazarus knights in hospitallers chapters house but i can´t see hospitallers knights....
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

TO starts when the crusader states have less than 6 settlements, or when they lose jerusalem or antioch. Then they start developing. I could simply make a turncounter aswell, but the pressure on the crusader states and the wounded were basically the reason for the TO to be founded if I remember correctly.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post

No problem, it only took about 5 minutes. In the event of an update, this file will become obsolete. If you paste this file over the updated one, any changes MWY is going to make will be lost. But don't worry, I'll make the same changes for the new version if necessary. I agree with your view on this matter, Crusader States should be able to recruit templars and hospitallers regardless of the faction standing, providing you have the appropriate chapter houses of course.
    It seems to work perfectly. It's even brought back my date and season indicator above the minimap, although past experience would imply that won't last. This is SO much better. Thank you again!

On the subject of the Teutonic Order, it's another odd requirement for anyone actually playing as Outremer. If you're down to six regions or you've lost Jerusalem, I dare say you've done something really quite wrong. Obviously, playing as any other faction Outremer will inevitably crumble eventually, making TO units available to all. But I'm not sure the player as Outremer should have to go through that just to unlock those units. Very strange. Perhaps a certain number of lost battles could be the requirement instead? Even that isn't ideal, but it's better than the current requirement.

What are some medium difficulty factions (VH/VH)? I chose the Sultanate of Rum. Turn 20 and I'm a vassal of the Romans, I've captured one city and my one and only army got wiped in an ambush by a rebel army twice it's size I'm broke and I just don't really know what to do haha! Definitely enjoying the challenge though, the game actually feels hard now!

Blog Entries

The easiest one for now (as not correctly adjusted yet) is the Papal States.
    Overwise, you can choose Sicily (good position, good economy) or the Byzzies (good units if you manage to afford them).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by aaronishappy View Post
    What are some medium difficulty factions (VH/VH)? I chose the Sultanate of Rum. Turn 20 and I'm a vassal of the Romans, I've captured one city and my one and only army got wiped in an ambush by a rebel army twice it's size I'm broke and I just don't really know what to do haha! Definitely enjoying the challenge though, the game actually feels hard now!
    althrough i played with Rum only in previous version i think the only viable strategy is still to blitz from turn one, you probably wont be able to hold any of the settlements you capture so sack, burn and loot everything, destroy everything, destroy their field armies before they merge to form huge forces, only once you have amassed a decent force you can start keeping the settlements, use lots of archers and position your armies on mountainous areas as to deny the enemy their huge advantage in heavy cav and inf

it's doable but not fun imo, you still kinda rely a lot on luck, like if they decide to attack one of your cities instead of your field army or you are forced to fight a battle on flat terrain than you are fked

Well it's turn 40 now and I'm a little stuck. I have 5 provinces - Angora, Konya, Kasyeri, Matalya and Antalya. I've been to war with the Romans on two occassions but after some quick skirmishes and me taking Antalya we'vbe been at peace. They are currently in a stalemate war with Georgia, my ally, in the northy/easterny part of Asia Minor. I have currently 1700fl and make about 1100 a turn. I have 1 full stack army and random small garrisons.

I don't know where to expand. I can't attack Byzantium again because they have 3 full stack armies in my territory, on their way to fight to the Georgians but ready to turn around and attack me whenever necessary as I've learned. Obviously won't attack the Georgians as they're my ally. I don't have any viable borders to the Crusaders or Zengids, not until I take Sisi anyways. But Sisi is inhabited with a full stack army of pretty good troops. There's no way in hell I can assault, my only luck is maintaing a siege but even maintaining a siege would cost me 1000 florins per turn which is my only income, and when they do sally forth their army will probably trump mine. It is full strength, very experienced and of a good quality.

So what the hell do I do!? I really want to keep playing as the Sultanate of Rum but I feel like I've hit a stone wall!

Blog Entries

Just wait for a goop opportunity. Meanwhile, it gives you time to develop your economy and little kingdom. Soon or later, you will get an opportunity to expand again. Then, it will be up to you to take it or not. As long you stay in positive with your income, there's no rush.

I will do exactly that! Plotting, waiting, my little sultanate will grow...

Also, is it possible to change the unit size mid-campaign? Mine are too big and battles are quite laggy and not enjoyable... I've Googled but not found a definitive answer.

Blog Entries

Before to resume your campaign, I think you can change the unit size in the settings (it's been a while since last time I did it, I might be wrong).

not save-game compatible

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    not save-game compatible
    Are you positive? Isn't there a file in the data set that I can tweak? I've heard it's definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronishappy View Post
    Are you positive? Isn't there a file in the data set that I can tweak? I've heard it's definitely possible.
    it's "export_descr_unit" inside the data folder, changing the ingame setting is not save-game compatible, changing the edu is save-game compatible

you will have to edit the number of every unit however, there are 500 units in total

EDIT: every units has something like this line "soldier ME_Heavy_Spearmen, 80, 0, 1.15, 0.30"

the "80" is the number of soldiers, change it to 60 and now heavy spearman units should have 150 men in unit instead of 200