Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Not sure to get it. You want to play SSHIP in hotseat, right?
    I ask because the default function turn off the console cheats is only avalaible on hotseat campaign, but I wonder if there is any way this could be done properly even normal campaign

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Honestly, I have no idea
    Why do you want to do that? If you don't want it, just don't use it
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Honestly, I have no idea
    Why do you want to do that? If you don't want it, just don't use it
    Yes that will be best, but this is same as drugs, when you can use them, then you use , because you can

Blog Entries

I just had an idea: why don't you play in multiplayer mod? You choose a faction and give the others to the AI. That should do the trick to avoid the console
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

I just had an idea: why don't you play in multiplayer mod? You choose a faction and give the others to the AI. That should do the trick to avoid the console
    sure, I always play this way I only ask if is this not possible in normal game

I was wondering if you could incorporate something from the Historical units and regions mod, they have many new buildings that are interesting, but what interests me the most is the new way in that mod to recruit units, you have a building called say a "duchy" and it lets you recruit all types of units there, similar to this mods Local guard, but that is only for knights, I would like to see local guard be able to replace the barracks, stables, and ranges as they are unhistorical, and pointless already as the stables can only recruit light cavalry as knights and what naught are recruited from castle walls and local guard. so seeing all the units be available using the method they have will add some realism to the game
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Blog Entries

We'll see what we can do but it won't be the same stuff as in HURB (not sure it's entirely historical either).

Please don't do the HURB- "Everything is recruited from the same building" thing. It's one of the main things that turned me off that submod. It completely ruined city management (for me), since all you'd do was build that line of buildings, then whatever made you the most money, no matter if it's a castle or city. There was no specialization or city planning.
    Weather or not it was historical, I cannot say, but from a gameplay point of view, I really didn't like it.

Blog Entries

That's my point actually. Historically, the actual game system is completely wrong anyway as there was no professional army (in the actual meaning of it) in Europe before the 15th century more or less. Before that, the military system relied more on temporary service and on mercenaries.
    For Muslim factions, it was another system mostly based on slave warriors.

It's quite difficult, to not say impossible, to represent these systems in game especially if we want to keep the gameplay. Even if it's not accurate, the actual system in game is not that bad because, as you mentioned, it forces the player to manage his settlements. Without that "management", what's the point of playing a campaign game?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 05, 2016 at 04:10 PM.

about when tamerlan o timujin go to middle east...are there some script or more armies for mongols in sship about XIV century?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

mongols need some mongols spear units,for example as the unit of tartar dismounted lancers, they only can recruit dismounted turgahut in castles(elite and expensive units)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Blog Entries

Well, that's a bit complicated for Mongols because basically they didn't have a proper infantry.
    What they did is, each time they defeated a kingdom, they were able to use that knigdom military resources and to incorpore it to their own army.

In the 13th century, Genghis Khan's forces defeated the Xi Xia (Northwestern China, nomad origins) and Jin (Northeastern, related to Manchurians) dynasties. Their cavalry forces were absorbed into the Mongol military machine.
    As the Mongol empire expanded southward their armies gained Chinese infantrymen and engineers with expertise in seige warfare and the knowledge on manufacturing black powder weapons. While at a stalemate fighting the Song dynasty, the Mongols defeated the Kwazarim Shah of the Middle East and incorporated their seige weapons (such as counterweight trebuchets) for defeating the Song's fortified cities.
    The Mongols were pragmatic in recruited the defeated into their military, adding their expertise to their military machine. Even when they invaded Europe, there were Europeans fighting under their banner. There's an account of an English knight that was captured in Hungary as a Mongol soldier; he had joined the Mongols as a crusader in the Middle East and had marched north with them to fight Europeans. The Yuan dynasty also used foreigners to rule over locals, such as the province of Yunnan would have governors from the Middle East.
    Source: https://www.quora.com/What-was-the-e...he-Mongol-Army

So basically, that means that they should start with some kind of Chinese Infantry and get access to AOR units while expanding. That will requier some more research anyway.

Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 06, 2016 at 12:40 PM.

i agree, chinese infantry sound good at the beginning, maybe chinese spearmen and crossbowmen and after AOR units and also rockets machines and naffatun soldiers from China
    Last edited by j.a.luna; March 06, 2016 at 12:47 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

I don't want to be annoying, but can someone please tell me how to edit the mod files? All i need is to make the Junior Militia available to Novgorod after the third upgrade in the city barracks (Wich causes the unit to dissapear).

I ask this because they are the only cheap unit aivable for Novgorod in the late era.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_chan666 View Post
    I don't want to be annoying, but can someone please tell me how to edit the mod files? All i need is to make the Junior Militia available to Novgorod after the third upgrade in the city barracks (Wich causes the unit to dissapear).

I ask this because they are the only cheap unit aivable for Novgorod in the late era.

* Open export_descr_buildings.txt (make a backup!)
    * Locate the building you want to add Junior Militia to. Ie. "Building Barracks"
    * Add this line to the building: recruit_pool "Junior Militia" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, }

The numbers indicate: 1 (number of units available when the building is built) 0.25 (how fast the recruitment pool replenishes each turn) 2 (max number of units available in the pool) 0 (Unit XP when recruited)

Do the same for any building you want to add the Junior Militia to.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

"An English knight captured in Hungary as a Mongol soldier."

You learn something every day.

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    * Open export_descr_buildings.txt (make a backup!)
    * Locate the building you want to add Junior Militia to. Ie. "Building Barracks"
    * Add this line to the building: recruit_pool "Junior Militia" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, }

The numbers indicate: 1 (number of units available when the building is built) 0.25 (how fast the recruitment pool replenishes each turn) 2 (max number of units available in the pool) 0 (Unit XP when recruited)

Do the same for any building you want to add the Junior Militia to.

THANK YOU my good sir!

Now that i can garrison my wealth cities with proper militia, the campaing is going magnificently! I realy recommend adding Junior Militia into all Novgorodian barrack expansions. Without it you have two choices, or get bankrupt by using Senior Militia\Berdiche Militia as garrison, or get your cities sacked by rebels by using peasant infantry. xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    "An English knight captured in Hungary as a Mongol soldier."

You learn something every day.
    Yep, that's something unusual for the least and that's why I mentioned that Mongols will requier some deeper research.

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

so what are the planned additions for the next version?

This Pleb thinks a few faction changes would do good (but maybe you are already settled on the particular factions)
    A few land bridges with careful AI scrutiny of course >.>

and then maybe general balancing (units, factions starting power etc)

Agents and Generals. Several texture and skin reworks/improvements of existing units. Improvements on the "preventing civil war" issue. Making overall difficulty a bit higher again. One Surprise. several bugfixes.

Factions are settled for the early era.

Oh and with your post, I thought you meant bridges in rivers. I don't really think that more landbridges are necessary. Perhaps one to sicily, peeerhaps one from france to england, but that's it. I think in terms of AI the invasions (of non-connected landmasses) are working much better and the AI also doesn't seem to get huge stacks "stuck" on islands, as it was with SS all the time.

I think early to high era the units are mostly balanced right now. A slight increase of usefullness of higher tier spear units will be all that is needed I think. Late era still needs balancing.

Early factions starting power is now also pretty good I think. I still need to to tests and adjustments for the high era.