Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: chaos gameplay versus empire!

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: chaos gameplay versus empire!

I meant "hammers and anvils", by the way

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Honestly so far the game looks better than my expectations were, and as long as it dont contain too many annoying bugs and have a fairly competent AI this should be quite fun.
    This, basically.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Its always like this. People just find it easier and more worthwhile to complain about stuff they don't like than praise the stuff they do like, and generally they expect their particular flavor of perfection. I'm not sure are the most demanding fans, Superhero fans or Gamers. (Probably a lot of overlap on that one though) Also saying you like a TW game is apparently bad on a TW fansite, in the eyes of some.

Honestly so far the game looks better than my expectations were, and as long as it dont contain too many annoying bugs and have a fairly competent AI this should be quite fun.
    So much better than my expectations that I cancelled my preorder and haven't considered re-pre-ordering. Wait...

You know, sometimes people have different opinions. I honestly have no idea how you can look at this game and have it be better than your expectations. I can't even conceive of why you would have even followed this game if your expectations were that low. That being said, I'm not going to just assume you don't mean it or are a fanboy because of that. Whilst there are certainly things to like about the game, there is far more to be negative about from where I am standing. It's not like I'll deny things I think are good (for example, the visuals are very nice, the units look cool and the graphics are good), but there are so many more ways that it doesn't match up to my expectations. My expectation being improvement of existing mechanics over previous games, deep, detailed content that is true to the warhammer universe and new mechanics that actually make this feel like a new and interesting game set in a new and interesting world. I don't think this is too much to ask bearing in mind the price tag or relatively few factions and so on and the promise of the game being deep not wide. I've never been against the way they've carved up the content into little pieces, if it's a good game with the qualities I just specified then I'd be willing to pay a lot of money to get the full content. What makes people so vitriolic is that this is a game many people have been waiting a long time for, it had so much potential and that potential was then actively promised by the devs and now it appears that it won't come close to what was promised.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    So much better than my expectations that I cancelled my preorder and haven't considered re-pre-ordering. Wait...

You know, sometimes people have different opinions. I honestly have no idea how you can look at this game and have it be better than your expectations. I can't even conceive of why you would have even followed this game if your expectations were that low. That being said, I'm not going to just assume you don't mean it or are a fanboy because of that. Whilst there are certainly things to like about the game, there is far more to be negative about from where I am standing. It's not like I'll deny things I think are good (for example, the visuals are very nice, the units look cool and the graphics are good), but there are so many more ways that it doesn't match up to my expectations. My expectation being improvement of existing mechanics over previous games, deep, detailed content that is true to the warhammer universe and new mechanics that actually make this feel like a new and interesting game set in a new and interesting world. I don't think this is too much to ask bearing in mind the price tag or relatively few factions and so on and the promise of the game being deep not wide. I've never been against the way they've carved up the content into little pieces, if it's a good game with the qualities I just specified then I'd be willing to pay a lot of money to get the full content. What makes people so vitriolic is that this is a game many people have been waiting a long time for, it had so much potential and that potential was then actively promised by the devs and now it appears that it won't come close to what was promised.
    What, in your mind, was promised to you by the devs?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    A grand crusade which would unite the divide fanbase?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Charging horse can sent you flying. Even charging person who has higher weight then you can do the same.
    No. Charging horses don't send you flying. A charging person doesn't send you flying.

They can knock you down, bowl you over, send you crashing along the ground. They don't cause you to fly up 6-8 feet in the air and fly through the air like cavalry charges in TW games do.

About the only time you see a person "flying" in relation to a horse, is when a jockey riding a steeple chase is knocked off his horse, his foot is caught in the stirrup and the horse leaps over a jump and the jockey gets catapulted over it.

Horse and men don't crash into other men with an upward trajectory. Horses knock you down, their center of balance and mass is higher than a mans.

I think horses hitting infantry like they are artillery, sending them flying up into the air is silly. I also think the hadooken uppercut from that empire trooper was stupid too. Frankly, most animations that TW does are stupid from a reality perspective. They are flashy and not supposed to be realistic (at least I hope not). They are to look cool, provide a "wow" factor and draw the masses in who liked to see 360 no scope whirl wind leaping tomahawk attacks and stuff.

To each their own.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I can send you flying, depends on how you are standing and what if your mass compared to mine, I've done it and I've been there, we sometimes do stuff like this at the end of the training for fun ; D The difference is what you mean by flying, for me TW flying from a charge is when you fly backwards and slam on the ground in downard trajcetory. Sending people upwards is a different thing and that is highly unlikely but you can still be sent up a bit if you charge someone from the side while running a bit bent forward and then spring up (like in Football). Cavalry sending people upward is ridiculous, with that I agree, especially when you take into the account that a person is being hit by a lance which sends him down even more.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

There's a difference between having low expectations and having realistic expectations.

My expectation being improvement of existing mechanics over previous games,
    That one remains to be seen, but I'm generally liking what I'm seeing so far.

deep, detailed content that is true to the warhammer universe and new mechanics that actually make this feel like a new and interesting game set in a new and interesting world
    They've done that beyond all I'd hypothesized. Each faction have their own mechanic Waagh/raise dead/Empire consolidation/Grudges. Additionally there's magic, quest chains, items for heroes, Legendary Lords, different mounts, unique campaign wonders ect. As well as the four races with their own mix of over-the-top units that should be in a warhammer game. See? New stuff for a new game. Deep in the form of RPG mechanics.

Thing is that it could have been so much worse. Take a casual look at any other Warhammer game.

it had so much potential and that potential was then actively promised by the devs and now it appears that it won't come close to what was promised.
    So what as promised then? Something I have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    "Deep not wide" "sticking with the lore" "epic".

There's a difference between having low expectations and having realistic expectations.

That one remains to be seen, but I'm generally liking what I'm seeing so far.

They've done that beyond all I'd hypothesized. Each faction have their own mechanic Waagh/raise dead/Empire consolidation/Grudges. Additionally there's magic, quest chains, items for heroes, Legendary Lords, different mounts, unique campaign wonders ect. As well as the four races with their own mix of over-the-top units that should be in a warhammer game. See? New stuff for a new game. Deep in the form of RPG mechanics.

Thing is that it could have been so much worse. Take a casual look at any other Warhammer game.

So what as promised then? Something I have missed?
    Good for you. Whilst I highly question why you have even remotely followed this game if your expectations were as low as you claim, that's irrelevant. You were basically smearing everyone who was complaining as "complaining to complain". That's not the case. Some of us are not happy with how the game is looking. I didn't cancel my preorder because I was just complaining to complain.
    Last edited by Person012345; April 20, 2016 at 09:18 AM.

"Deep not wide" "sticking with the lore" "epic".

Good for you. Whilst I highly question why you have even remotely followed this game if your expectations were as low as you claim, that's irrelevant. You were basically smearing everyone who was complaining as "complaining to complain". That's not the case. Some of us are not happy with how the game is looking. I didn't cancel my preorder because I was just complaining to complain.
    Amen to that!

I am actually quite surprised re the game so far, it's going to be hard for me to resist but the lack of factions, concern of animations and my fears that again the engine isnt cut up to it means I wont be pre-ordering.

Also I only really started to enjoy Attila after all the dlcs and numerous patches. (am still playing it even though the A.I still is pretty poor).
    Last edited by Totalheadache; April 21, 2016 at 09:13 AM.

Eh, moderators typically aren't paid staff, they can have opinions. It's only problematic when the mods start punishing people for having different opinions which I haven't really experienced here at all (unlike on the official forums).

Eh, moderators typically aren't paid staff, they can have opinions. It's only problematic when the mods start punishing people for having different opinions which I haven't really experienced here at all (unlike on the official forums).
    Of course they can have opinions. Nevermind I will retract my comment as I dont want to cause any argument.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456