Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TW:WH to use Denuvo

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: TW:WH to use Denuvo

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    What Denuvo might touch outside of the exe is entirely irrelevant to modders and like I said modders likely don't need the exe at all by this point with all the official tools now.
    sorry if I misunderstood you but do you know that there are no tools for T WH?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Yes, I should have been more clear. Denuvo will probably be used in future titles not just Warhammer and in the future CA will continue to support modders whenever they can. Warhammer is the exception, rather than the rule.

The last CA comment I read on the issue.
    As this isn’t just a CA game, regretfully there are no plans to support modding for Total War: Warhammer. An Assembly Kit will be available very shortly for Total War: Atilla however, and we will continue to support modding for that title and plan to for future historical Total Wars.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Denuvo will probably be used in future titles not just Warhammer and in the future CA will continue to support modders whenever they can. Warhammer is the exception, rather than the rule.
    Indeed.

Getting hung up on anti-Steam/Denuvo "activism" is a waste of community's time and energy, limited resources much better spent lobbying and showing support for better modding possibilities in the next historic TW game, whether it's Medieval III, Empire II/Victoria or anything in-between (like Renaissance up to Enlightenment period). It's irresponsible to divert attention away from the real problems pertaining to core gameplay & modding in TW games, simultaneously pretending to "care" for the TW series or "gamer welfare" by spreading as much controversy as possible about business decisions that don't actually affect product's quality much, if at all ... but this is a subject for another topic. Enough to say that the community is in war with itself, damaging it's own interests by failing to focus on tangible, realistic, high-impact goals directly relevant to future product's quality and longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    what does the mod scene for another game matter for the tw series? we never had mods that changed the exe. I know alot of mods for other games that changed the exe, but total war series never had them. you would be right in complaining about it when it comes to those games, but not this series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    So basically you've got squat and you're mad prematurely for no reason over some random speculation from people that don't know anything. Probably based on "CA are the evilZ"
    Funny since your side has done nothing but parrot "mods don't modify the exe." (which as has been pointed out isn't true anyway) when his entire point is about how the software affects more than the exe. I mean, I have no idea who's right and I don't really have a side in this (I think DRM beyond steam, which I will tolerate because it does more than just assume everyone using it is a criminal, is complete cancer and all of you are absurd for supporting it, I guess this is just where the game's industry is nowadays, but as far as moddability goes I don't know or care) but your line of argument here is really weak since you haven't really provided any evidence for that claim either as far as I can see. I'm not saying he has anything either but as far as I can tell neither of you have squat and at least he tried to present some kind of reasoning beyond "the company told me it would be fine" (pointing out a series with a strong modding scene that fell off once the software was used, linking to an article etc.).

Just to clarify given my modding experience here, every game's modding scene is going to be different unless the games being compared are on the same engine which they aren't in this case. People saying that Just Cause 3 as an example why modding for TW:WH is doomed is not valid. It would only be valid if the two games being compared are on the same engine which clearly is not the case here. If there's any limitation to modding it's not going to related to this Denuvo but just other hurdles that were going to be there anyway. To all the indignant haters out there, please calm down. CA is not lying and honestly you have no basis for why CA is false other than CA is evil cause Rome 2(despite ignoring Attila, Arena and every other launch since then)

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    Funny since your side has done nothing but parrot "mods don't modify the exe." (which as has been pointed out isn't true anyway) when his entire point is about how the software affects more than the exe. I mean, I have no idea who's right and I don't really have a side in this (I think DRM beyond steam, which I will tolerate because it does more than just assume everyone using it is a criminal, is complete cancer and all of you are absurd for supporting it, I guess this is just where the game's industry is nowadays, but as far as moddability goes I don't know or care) but your line of argument here is really weak since you haven't really provided any evidence for that claim either as far as I can see. I'm not saying he has anything either but as far as I can tell neither of you have squat and at least he tried to present some kind of reasoning beyond "the company told me it would be fine" (pointing out a series with a strong modding scene that fell off once the software was used, linking to an article etc.).
    has anyone ever taught you that before joining an ongoing conversation, you need to read the previous arguments and know what the currents points are? zen's posts changed everything please read before you respond. don't waste others time.

you also have squat that denuvo would be detrimental to tww modding. because the game isn't release yet. you are regurgitating a point that have zero, absolute zero bearing on the topic at hand. refuted by real modders of the series. necroing dead points, arguments doesn't make them any better.

and the final point, don't like it? don't buy it.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    and the final point, don't like it? don't buy it.
    Yeah, I'm not.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123