Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chaos Faction Free for 1st Week

Default Re: Chaos Faction Free for 1st Week

Well to be honest i never bought FotS because i dont care about the period even though it was a good game. My point is ill just buy this one because i grew up with WH. So even if its bad ill just deal with my dissapointment. Mods are welcome though....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I just might buy this the first week... Would only do that to show that it was a smart move on their part. Depends on reviews of course.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

My experience with TW games is that it takes about 30-40 hours to determine if the game is good, i.e. play through to mid-late or late game and learn the systems, AI behavior, etc. It's comparable to Civ or EU, CK in this regard. Keeping that in mind, it's unlikely we'll get quality feedback or feedback we can trust during the first week -- unless the game is an outright bomb and that's unlikely. We could get professional or amateur feedback that is wrong, whether it's positive or negative, from someone's first 20 hours of play.

So let's be honest here. Extending the pre-order deal into the first week after release is nothing more than showmanship. If you're going to pre-order or become early adopter of TW:WH for the pre-order bonus, it's because you love WH fantasy so much you can't stand waiting. I get that, but let's not be disingenuous about why folks are pre-ordering or buying at release. Drillmaster for example is being honest about it below.

Now fans have another good reason to wait, Nvidia is releasing its GTX 1080 at the end of May and its GTX 1070 in mid-June. Who would want to spoil their DX12, 64 bit playthrough on an inferior card....
    Last edited by Huberto; May 07, 2016 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    My experience with TW games is that it takes about 30-40 hours to determine if the game is good, i.e. play through to mid-late or late game and learn the systems, AI behavior, etc. It's comparable to Civ or EU, CK in this regard. Keeping that in mind, it's unlikely we'll get quality feedback or feedback we can trust during the first week -- unless the game is an outright bomb and that's unlikely. We could get professional or amateur feedback that is wrong, whether it's positive or negative, from someone's first 20 hours of play.

So let's be honest here. Extending the pre-order deal into the first week after release is nothing more than showmanship. If you're going to pre-order or become early adopter of TW:WH for the pre-order bonus, it's because you love WH fantasy so much you can't stand waiting. I get that, but let's not be disingenuous about why folks are pre-ordering or buying at release. Drillmaster for example is being honest about it below.

Now fans have another good reason to wait, Nvidia is releasing its GTX 1080 at the end of May and its GTX 1070 in mid-June. Who would want to spoil their DX12, 64 bit playthrough on an inferior card....
    Yeah think am gonna start saving for some upgrades and then in a yr or so pick warhammer up. Actually just saw another vid of Dwarves vs chaos and there's def some great work done by CA.

But as you quite rightly point out it's how the rest of the campaign plays out etc.

Attila for me was disappointing because after a point the A.I ceases to function/put up an real fight. Still not bad and I go back to it from time to time. Weirdly enough won as the Garamantians and had quite a stuggle against the Sassanids esp when your top tier spear unit doesnt do spear/shield wall.

I think this has tipped me into buying during the first week... have not fully committed though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123