Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Okay more images:

I reworked the russian roster a bit. Druzhina and boyars were awful and didn't match their ridden counterparts mostly. So I took the time and created an all-rusichi unit roster for novgorod and the rus.

New units (not from me but from rusichi):

Hunters (replacing EE Peasants, Hunters are a bit more useful though):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Varjagi (new unit, axed warriors, mix between vikings from scandinavia and settled vikings in rus lands):

New Druzhina (replacing the old model, they now wear spears into battle):

New Boyars (replacing the old model, they now wear spears into battle):

Druzhina and Boyars use the same models for mounted units. I also replaced EE crossbow militia and EE Peasant archers with the rusichi models. So now the whole roster of novgorod and the rus looks really really good in my opinion. It's also pretty unique since it's lacking swordsmen or axemen, but has some of the best spearmen in the game. The varjaqi come in pretty handy since they fill exactly the hole the russian factions had with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    New Boyars (replacing the old model, they now wear spears into battle):

I prefer boyars with swords. This way, its preaty much like we see dismounted knights using spears.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I prefer boyars with swords. This way, its preaty much like we see dismounted knights using spears.
    Yes me too, and also i prefer and i think that is more correct that druzhina have little axes,maces or swords, russians have too spears units have account that their elite units(novgorod palace guard and kievan guard also have spears as primary weapon) i see more correct that high nobility of russians(boyars) fight with swords or maybe maces
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Varjagi (new unit, axed warriors, mix between vikings from scandinavia and settled vikings in rus lands)
    Just a little nitpick(though quite important note), the Rus were completely Slavic by this point.

They were arguably already Slavenized within the first two generations of Viking settlers, they do not even make a distinction between themselves by the mid 10th century.

Hence the various -mir in then names and a dude named Sviatoslav ruling them already by 945.