Thread: Custom Start Year

Default Custom Start Year

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I couldn't find it anywhere...

Is there a way for me to add a custom starting year to campaigns? I really like the gunpowder era and obviously it takes a long amount of turns to get there.

Cheers

Default Re: Custom Start Year

You can change the starting year and/or the events. It's a bit of work.
    Basically, the various events such as Gunpowder and so forth happen X turns after the starting date, not at a specific date. So even if you changed the starting date to, say, 1500, you'd still have to wait just as long for the events to fire.

I'm not at my home computer, so I cannot give you specifics, but the events are listed in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_events.txt file, and look something like;

event historic gunpowder_discovered
    date 190 210

This means that the gunpowder_discovered event will fire somewhere between 190 and 210 turns after you start your campaign. You can change these numbers as you wish.

The starting date is changed in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt file.

You need to edit both files to get the effect you want.

Default Re: Custom Start Year

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    You can change the starting year and/or the events. It's a bit of work.
    Basically, the various events such as Gunpowder and so forth happen X turns after the starting date, not at a specific date. So even if you changed the starting date to, say, 1500, you'd still have to wait just as long for the events to fire.

I'm not at my home computer, so I cannot give you specifics, but the events are listed in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_events.txt file, and look something like;

event historic gunpowder_discovered
    date 190 210

This means that the gunpowder_discovered event will fire somewhere between 190 and 210 turns after you start your campaign. You can change these numbers as you wish.

The starting date is changed in the data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt file.

You need to edit both files to get the effect you want.

Awesome thanks dude!