Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Does this game have any female leaders/characters at all?

Default Re: Does this game have any female leaders/characters at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Irelia View Post
    To everyone who replied to my post where I wrote that "Total war hates women" (@TheRomanRuler, @jim501 and I think someone else), yes I pretty much think that throughout entire history, from Rome to Medieval to Shogun, they had tons of opportunities to include females and give them any significant role, or just ANY role that isn't being brides.

There was many female rulers, and many influential females, nowhere near as many as there were men rulers, but the few that existed were impactful enough to allow CA to include women without making it unrealistic. I mean in Total War and Rome games we can't even have a female empress or a queen. How is that realistic at all?

But honestly, it's when we get a leader character, like in Civilization games and nowadays in TW games, a character that represents our empire, that it shows how much this game needs at least some female representation or an option to choose a female from a pool of characters.
    Especially Warhammer, a universe that has enough powerful women and is pure fantasy, should have female leaders.
    While Warhammer IS fantasy, I feel like including women as leaders would push fantasy too far. Making women leaders would be TOO fantastical to include to be honest.
    With regards to the previous total wars, it is obvious why they didn't include women as leaders. The reason being that those total wars are based on history and not extreme fantasy.
    Last edited by Skowdey; June 18, 2016 at 09:23 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Skowdey, but there are woman leaders in Warhammer ;P And I don't see how having woman leaders would be to fantastical in fantasy world, while I think in most fantasy setting there are always important female leader characters, Game of Thrones to name one. In this game, characters can't age, marry or have children so it is even easier to have woman leaders like Elector Countess Emmanuelle von Liebwitz. Like in Chaos campaign, faction leader does not need to be present on the map, when you play as Kholek, Archaon is still faction leader, but he is nowhere on the map, until you unlock him. Same thing would work for Elector Countess, as she did not lead men into battle in lore, but the was the leader, hence she would be present in diplomatic screen, but her generals would fight for her.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; June 19, 2016 at 04:57 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

To everyone who replied to my post where I wrote that "Total war hates women" (@TheRomanRuler, @jim501 and I think someone else), yes I pretty much think that throughout entire history, from Rome to Medieval to Shogun, they had tons of opportunities to include females and give them any significant role, or just ANY role that isn't being brides.

There was many female rulers, and many influential females, nowhere near as many as there were men rulers, but the few that existed were impactful enough to allow CA to include women without making it unrealistic. I mean in Total War and Rome games we can't even have a female empress or a queen. How is that realistic at all?

But honestly, it's when we get a leader character, like in Civilization games and nowadays in TW games, a character that represents our empire, that it shows how much this game needs at least some female representation or an option to choose a female from a pool of characters.
    Especially Warhammer, a universe that has enough powerful women and is pure fantasy, should have female leaders.
    Which Historical Female Leader was a General and not Politican?
    In TW the Factionleader is always General Unit which can fight and die on the Battlefield,
    and in history women have always been to precious to be placed in danger or to do dangerous work,
    So a Femal leader doesn't fit into the historical TW Settings.

In Fantasy yes for sure but then it has to fit into the settings, and Warhammer doesn't have that much armies that include female Generals
    I think Empire or other Human Armies and the 3 Elf Armies do have some female unit, Heros or Generals.
    But should GW now invent Karl Franzs Wife to have a Female Faction Leader.

and Honestly is it really important for the quality of the game?
    It's a Strategygame and its about War, i don't care if it's elfs dwarvs or robots fighting each other and the Sex of the Toons\Units is the least I care for.
    Last edited by Chlodwig I.; June 19, 2016 at 05:03 AM.

What role exactly would women have in a historical setting about pre-modern warfare ?
    War wanst exactly an activity they participated in.
    If you are to attribute it to sexism, at least bring some good arguments and examples to back it up.
    Last edited by jim501; June 19, 2016 at 05:16 AM.

I will never understand why was it so hard to put that countess in Middenhaim instead of generic beard guy, in fact WTW has a serious lack of models, like it is in alpha state. The empire has two general models one of which is identical to a hero, other factions maybe even less.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I think this thread has run its course, and I see no point in repeating ourselves.

Closed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234