Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slayers seem weak

Aenerion1's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Slayers seem weak

While I do like Spartan's idea, atm I'm using Brujah's mod. Found it a good way to represent the lore, and as far as I could tell in battles they did nicely, although dying off if used against hard opponents. Most of the time I would have like 10% of the unit left, which would be awesome if they would turn into Troll/Dragon Slayers (Cataph made a nice unit), which I would disband or merge, and then recruited new. Pretty lore accurate if you ask me, while still having value in TW. And with his mod, Ungrim's slayer army works nicely (especially with some extra slayers like Cataph's, or Long Drong's by Dodgy).

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Slayers seem weak

Quote Originally Posted by Aenerion1 View Post
    While I do like Spartan's idea, atm I'm using Brujah's mod. Found it a good way to represent the lore, and as far as I could tell in battles they did nicely, although dying off if used against hard opponents. Most of the time I would have like 10% of the unit left, which would be awesome if they would turn into Troll/Dragon Slayers (Cataph made a nice unit), which I would disband or merge, and then recruited new. Pretty lore accurate if you ask me, while still having value in TW. And with his mod, Ungrim's slayer army works nicely (especially with some extra slayers like Cataph's, or Long Drong's by Dodgy).
    I wish there were a way to retrain the unit once they have a certain amount of XP so they could be upgraded to troll/giant/dragon/daemon slayers. So by the time you have Dragon/Daemonslayers rolling around, you personally have seen these guys tested and forged by constant battle.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123