Thread: The Fall of Man- An Undead Triump

Laetus

Default The Fall of Man- An Undead Triump

After thousands of years, the Vampire Counts fulfil their dream; The Empire of Man falls!
    I just thought I would post another episode of my VC campaign. Apologies if I've somehow managed to post it in the wrong place AGAIN :3

Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; July 04, 2016 at 06:27 AM.

Laetus

Default Re: The Fall of Man- An Undead Triump

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

No, you're in the right subforum this time. (Not surprising people sometimes find it hard to know where to post, though - there are loads of forums round here. So many things to read...)

You seem to be having some trouble with getting your videos embedded properly, though. (Again, not surprising. The BB Code page is a bit confusing on this.)

What you need to do for a youtube video is this (using your most recent link as an example):

[youtube]BFVd3suI1MM[/youtube]

You'll see you just take the bit of the youtube link after the equals sign and put it inside the [youtube] tags.

It might also be worth thinking about whether you want to add your new videos to the thread with your first video, since they're part of the same series. That way, people will know they're a continuation of the same story, and it'll help them find the episodes in the right order. If you want to do that, just put a new post or two in your old thread, and embed the new videos there. (If you do that and then want me to delete this thread, let me know; I'd be happy to do that for you.)

Let me know if my explanation makes no sense, or if you have any other questions!

Laetus

Cail, thank you so much for the advice. i really appreciate it. I'm currently trying to reach out to different parts of the Total War community and get myself more known, and part of that will require me to be forum savvy on here. SO I appreciate you helping me on that front. Ill post my other campaign videos on my original one, as that makes more sense. If it's ok though, any online battles I post, I would like to make a new post for each as they are not really following a narrative

Have a great day
    GG

You're welcome, GG.

(And yes, it's totally OK to have new posts for unconnected things. I don't think there's really a rule against posting connected things in lots of different threads - but it's generally easier for viewers/readers to know what's going on if you put connected stuff all in one thread.)

Would you like me to edit the first post of this thread so the video's properly embedded? You'll be able to do that yourself once you have 25 posts, so you might prefer to wait till then and do your own editing. I'm happy to do it if you'd like me to, though.

Oh, and you're probably doing this already (haven't checked the rest of the Writers' Study yet today), but posting on other people's work is a really good way to get yourself known around the Writers' Study. Authors always like to know people are reading (or watching) their work, and everybody likes an encouraging comment. It's also a handy way to get yourself to the magic number of 25 posts. Not to mention that my experience suggests if you comment on other people's work, they are more likely to comment on yours, too...

Laetus

Thanks for the advice Cail, I'll be sure to check out content that others have posted on here. And yes, please do edit my first post so it doesn't look like an awful mess :3

With the Black Banner of the Vampire Counts flying above so many provinces, now we expand the economy, so that we may field stronger units to march in our Undead legions. Episode 24 is out

Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; July 04, 2016 at 06:48 AM.

Mess? What mess?

Laetus

With our military might steadily increasing, now seemed like a good time to repay the Dwarfs of Karak Hirn a visit, for all their nuisance, we shall gift them with sweet death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5dEeazyXY

Laetus

Forgot to embed. Let's try that again: