Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

I'm pretty sure that is is not possible to change a factions name ingame.

itś possible to make some "deal" with creators of The Great Conflicts 872-1071 (TGC) and use their script? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ed-26-04-2016)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

@ MWY, check this thread.

@ Alganor, I'm in contact with AnthoniusII but it is more relating to animations. But let's see
    I really like the scripts made by Miguel_80, especially the one made for the Hispania in the Middle Ages Mod.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yeah well, he uses a non-used faction to change the name if I understood correctly. Which is not possible for us.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    No, they did it because their costume departments are corrupt scum that crafted leather biker gear to save money and maximize profit.

All they had to do is put the vikings in viking ocular helmets and give their enemies different, perhaps nasal helmets, problem solved.
    Were there problems on set, or something? I'm not sure I understand you right when you call them "corrupt scum;" did they have some sort of nationalist angle?

That helmet distinction might have done for the shows' less involved fans, but I nitpick far too much for that. Didn't they all use a variety of those and other types of helmets? My main gripe is the uniformity.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Hey guys, SSHIP is an awesome submod of an awesome mod. I have a question though, how does the real/historical recruitment work in SSHIP? Playing as the Eastern Roman Empire I can recruit some units like the flamethrower dudes and the Kataphrachtoi (can't spell their real name lol) earlier than I could in regular SS and I can't recruit some others like the pikemen. Is there a guide somewhere to the units in SSHIP like there is for SS http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com?

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have a Papal/English alliance riding rough-shod on me in my current campaign. In the last seven turns, I've lost: Trier, Frankfurt, Speyer, Ulm, Regensberg, Freiberg, Lyon, Arles, Basel, and had Lube revolt.

Not only that, but my leader somehow gained the usurper trait during this several turns after being coronated, so his army which was going to hopefully help out can only move one tile each turn. And I've had the same Papal army wreck the only two armies that were in a position to help. And these were the armies composed of professional, elite units, so I don't know what's going down.

Dial down the Papal army a bit?

EDIT: Frankfurt is lost to us. The English will retake it. Bremen will fall at the end of the year.

EDIT Mk II: It's over. They crippled my last army capable of fighting and I found out the Golden Horde is only a province away. I've got one army left and it's at about half strength in Saxony.

If anyone wants, and is willing to tell me how, I'll post the savegame, and I'd love to see how y'all either stop the bleeding and come back from the brink, or tell me a glorious tale of fighting to the end.

Never thought I'd see the English end up ruining me in a game before. Figure'd it'd be the French or the Polish who do me.
    Last edited by Henry X; July 08, 2016 at 01:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    Hey guys, SSHIP is an awesome submod of an awesome mod. I have a question though, how does the real/historical recruitment work in SSHIP? Playing as the Eastern Roman Empire I can recruit some units like the flamethrower dudes and the Kataphrachtoi (can't spell their real name lol) earlier than I could in regular SS and I can't recruit some others like the pikemen. Is there a guide somewhere to the units in SSHIP like there is for SS http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com?
    There is no such a guide for SSHIP. Beside that, we still have to improve the recruitment system. It is still not optimized.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    I have a Papal/English alliance riding rough-shod on me in my current campaign. In the last seven turns, I've lost: Trier, Frankfurt, Speyer, Ulm, Regensberg, Freiberg, Lyon, Arles, Basel, and had Lube revolt.

Not only that, but my leader somehow gained the usurper trait during this several turns after being coronated, so his army which was going to hopefully help out can only move one tile each turn. And I've had the same Papal army wreck the only two armies that were in a position to help. And these were the armies composed of professional, elite units, so I don't know what's going down.

Dial down the Papal army a bit?

EDIT: Frankfurt is lost to us. The English will retake it. Bremen will fall at the end of the year.

EDIT Mk II: It's over. They crippled my last army capable of fighting and I found out the Golden Horde is only a province away. I've got one army left and it's at about half strength in Saxony.

If anyone wants, and is willing to tell me how, I'll post the savegame, and I'd love to see how y'all either stop the bleeding and come back from the brink, or tell me a glorious tale of fighting to the end.

Never thought I'd see the English end up ruining me in a game before. Figure'd it'd be the French or the Polish who do me.
    Henry post images and campaign map and show us your glorius end against the english or mongols, fight until the death with honour!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Ducenarius

Quick Question:Is by any means BYGs mod compartible with SSHIP?

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    There is no such a guide for SSHIP. Beside that, we still have to improve the recruitment system. It is still not optimized.
    Alright thank you for the swift answer. So are units that I can't recruit at the beginning unrecruitable for the entire campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    Alright thank you for the swift answer. So are units that I can't recruit at the beginning unrecruitable for the entire campaign?
    Depends, but generally, no. Most factions get a slew of units around 1220 and 1300. After that, Catholic faction in particular start unlocking a lot of units throughout the rest of the campaign.

This is to simulate the diversification of armies as time wore in Europe and Asia.
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

THE PISANS ARE AT BRANDENBURG

That is how the campaign is going so far.

Vienna fell to a full Pisan stack. I've elected to become a vassal of the English after a loyalist revolt in Coellen led to the extermination of Hamberg. Olomoc revolted when I emptied its garrison to try and relieve Vienna. Lubeck is the new capital.

EDIT: The Mongols have attacked Prague and Stettin. The end is nigh.

Both fell along with Brandenberg. I'm abandoning this campaign. Just a catastrophe for the past seventy turns. Haven't been in the black for that long either.
    Last edited by Henry X; July 09, 2016 at 01:07 PM.

Once you start losing momentum, and troops and income and deplete your recruitment pools it is troublesome.

Same for the AI really.

Blog Entries

I think that we should represent the war consequences on the economy by another way. Basically, you can get a wealthy economy providing good incomes. But if you are at war, then it should reduce your income a lot to represent a kind of war inflation. The idea is to "oblige" the player and the AI to make war quickly otherwise your economic system is ruined. For instance, look what happened to France and England during the 100 years war. To avoid that, you must reach your goal quickly or you must make peace. So you would alternate periods of peace to build your economy, upgrade your settlements and get access to better units with short periods of war during which you would expand your kingdom. However, the question is how the AI would handle this

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I think that we should represent the war consequences on the economy by another way. Basically, you can get a wealthy economy providing good incomes. But if you are at war, then it should reduce your income a lot to represent a kind of war inflation. The idea is to "oblige" the player and the AI to make war quickly otherwise your economic system is ruined. For instance, look what happened to France and England during the 100 years war. To avoid that, you must reach your goal quickly or you must make peace. So you would alternate periods of peace to build your economy, upgrade your settlements and get access to better units with short periods of war during which you would expand your kingdom. However, the question is how the AI would handle this
    I'm thinking a lot about such feature.
    Currently I have developed simple traits & script 'system' :
    when you are on enemy territory you get charged. The longer you are and the bigger is your army -> the more you are money charged.

And I'm using it with success in my plays (both for me and AI).

It's something like very simple BYG mod.
    Detalis :
    - Traits : 1/4 army size , 1/2 , 3/4 , Full stack (copied from BYG).
    - Short campaign (1-4 turns in enemy territory)
    - Long Campaign (more than 4 turns ) or Siege
    - 'Supply' cost for army (counted only on Family Members) is :
    * Short campaign & no siege = 1000 * Army Size (0.25 to 1) florins each turn.
    or
    * Long Campaign or any siege = 1500 * Army Size florins each turn.

Those number 1500 & 1000 are parameters, could be changed .
    I've played with those as 2500 & 1500 - and you really really need to prepare yourself for war especially when being small faction.
    You need to be quick or use small professional invading army or both or you will be economically ruined in long term.

Those my script 'Army Supplies Costs' works really good for human player.
    Possibly it should be disabled for AI.
    It favours defenders over attackers. As defender (acting - defending on your own territory) you don't get charged by 'army supplies costs'.
    Last edited by tmodelsk; July 09, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Before I quit, I decided to see what was going on in the game. Pisa constantly attacked me because they were being pushed out of Italy and whatnot by the Papacy. The Papacy had united Italy, and at the same time, conquered Switzerland and southern Germany. England expanded so long as France wasn't fighting them, but quickly shrank away from aggression when fighting them. However, France would only do such when it believed other would join in on the fighting; that is, when the English were excommunicated, and thus engaged with the Papacy and Scotland.

Basically, the Papacy must be kept in check, or it will turn Europe into some perverted version of The Papal States/The Man in the High Castle.

Of course, he also doomed all of Christian Europe by declaring a Crusade on Mongol-held Kayseri.

Way to go, .

To be honest, I actually like how the AI generally works in the campaign, but if you can make it better, I'll trust your judgement.

Can AI's "win the game" in this? Pope needs to hold Roma (100 turns) and Ancona (50 turns) to win.

Blog Entries

@ tmoldesk, does your script make the AI more "sensitive" to peace offer and proposal?
    If you go to war and for unforseen reasons, it last longer than planned, are you able to make peace? Same question about the AI?