Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

SSHIP TEAM AND SSHIP PLAYERS I HAVE DONE A LITTLE LIST ABOUT POSSIBLES REMOVED UNITS FOR IMPROVE THE UNITS ROSTERS AND THEN MAKE A LIST WITH WHAT UNITS CAN BE ADD IN A FUTURE, I GUESS THAT THE LIST COULD HAVE 35 FREE SLOTS MORE ON LESS FOR NEW UNITS.

THE LIST IS IN THE FIRST PAGE OF MY THREAD "NEW FACTIONS UNITS ROSTERS" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-UNITS-ROSTERS , WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS TOPIC AND SAVE JOB TO LIFTH AND MWY FOR AFTER HAVE MORE HISTORICALS UNITS IN THE GAMEPLAY.

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.
    Last edited by j.a.luna; July 13, 2016 at 04:32 PM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Hi. I come bearing suggestion.

Introduce new buidling system, something like 'feudal organisation'. It will make much more free slots for buidling, as it would allow all units to be recruited from it. It would be much more realisting. Baracks, archery range and stables could be deleted then, or they could give other bonuses.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

It would also give less flexibility for recruitment. Not sure it would be good for the gameplay.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Anyway to buff the Christian Reconquista in early - middle game a little?
    The Moor has the Chirstian guard, which is kinda too op (Stronger and less upkeep) since if survive long enough they beat both 3 christian faction in my game (Aragonese destroyed, Leon reduce to 1 settlement not dead yet since I save their ass and Portugal become their vassal) Despite Leon and Aragon faction took 3 of their starting settlement and don't have war with any faction except Moor and traitor vassal Portugal.
    Also, i notice that you make a late campaign, maybe you can remove Portugal in early game and put them in the late or the high age campaign only since in early game they can do nothing except become vassal or being destroyed if not being controlled by player so that you can put more important faction into the early game, just a suggestion.

I dont think it need to be buffed. I played tons of campaings, and in only one Almoravids manage to win. Every other campaing almoravids lost spain, in every single campaing.
    I agree about removing portugal from early game. Hoever they should be there in high/late era.

Weird that my Almoravids often wins, maybe because i trade with them a lot which give them money to recruit Christian Guard.
    Well, a new faction in Tunis/Maghreb/Tripolitania will help balance Islam and Christian since the place most time being invaded by Pisa/Sicily and 2 Islam faction near it too busy in Spain and Jerusalem.

In my campaign Moors have stacks which are like half (Dismounted & normal) Christian Guard.

Yea I would also go with another muslim faction. Hamadid would be great in my opinion. They would put fights for normans and pisa. Currently, as u said this region all time get owned by pisa/norman...

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Wouldn't the Zirids in Tunisia be a much better choice(they would not directly border anyone)?

Say what you want about Portugal, at least it historically existed for more than 20 years from the mod's start date.

Perhaps an emergent faction would be a better option?

The Almohads.

They spawn in the south and flavor Africa with their ISIS-like ways.

Shame though that the African provinces are still so ugly, I still advise the Titanium way of dealing with the Sahara and the rest of the wastelands.

I agree with that point. THere should be definetly introduced 'terra incognita'.

But are zirids in power at 1132? If so, they would be deffinetly better option. Almohads would be great, but problem is they would not be playable. Unless script is maybe for them. Which can be done, miguel_80 doing such scripts for TGC mod.

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    Shame though that the African provinces are still so ugly, I still advise the Titanium way of dealing with the Sahara and the rest of the wastelands.
    It's rather amusing to see stacks march all the way from Egypt to Africa by land if you happen to take Tarabulus.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    But are zirids in power at 1132?
    They still ruled, but their rule was weak.

They lasted until 1148(officially, unofficially a couple decades later) when the Normans finally conquered the remaining coastal cities.
    Last edited by +Marius+; July 14, 2016 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I dont think it need to be buffed. I played tons of campaings, and in only one Almoravids manage to win. Every other campaing almoravids lost spain, in every single campaing.
    I agree about removing portugal from early game. Hoever they should be there in high/late era.
    I also think the same, remove portugal for early era but in late era not, this free slot for faction could be for another muslim faction(zirids?) Or make sweden,bulgary or volga bulgaria
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Alright, I'm uploading the first two episodes today. The first one is uploading now, and once it's done, I'll get the second one going up as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

ok Henry, leave here your link and post here for all sship player can watch your videos!!!

and on the other hand look this awesome image...

Norman knight in East Roman service...(latinikon) sship could make this model unit for latinikon, i guess that is more appropiate when they have time of course.
    it is a mix of norman helmet and shield and byzantine armour..awesome unit
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

It's also right that remove Portugal early era in 1132 and put them only in the late/high era
    Since in 1128 Afonso (current ruler of Portugal) only reclaimed himself at prince of Portugal which make him just like a normal rebel and only in 1139 Afonso reclaimed himself at King of Portugal which also start the title kingdom of Portugal.
    About the Islam faction.
    Zirid if want a faction that is the center of Africa.
    And Hammadid if want a cooler faction than Zirid.
    Almohad live in the mountain that literally 1 small and very poor settlement in southern Almoravid so maybe not a good idea and historically only raising at 1145.

Almohads were far more important than either Zirids or Hammadids though.

Would be interesting having another emergent horde so early in the game.

I have a question regarding with difficulty level, what is the best difficulty level in both campaign and battle wich makes the game more challenging and more fun, (i don't mean fighting countless stacks of AI every turn), i just want a challenging level to play this fantastic mod.

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    Almohads were far more important than either Zirids or Hammadids though.

Would be interesting having another emergent horde so early in the game.
    Mmm great idea marius! Replace portugal for make emergent muslims hordes as isis almohads! Yes, it would be great! And spain will win again against isis almohads in 1212...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Episode II is up after having my internet go out last night.

Be sure to leave any comments here or on the video and feel free to suggest any improvements or ideas for the LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWay...nnel=Elderwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mkD...nnel=Elderwood

You'd think after ten years, I'd know how to operate the functions on this forum, but nope, still a dummkopf.
    Last edited by Henry X; July 15, 2016 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.