Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Thats true about Almohads, but zirids/ Hamadids have much better possition for balancing campaing map. Plus, they would be playable.

Good work Henry

Almohads would basically be a copy of the almoravids. Which is pretty bad gameplay-wise I think. Zirids and Hamamids were even more insignificant than portugal in 1132.

Besides that, there is still this thinking that you could have almohads in the early campaign and portugal in the high campaign. Which is only possible using an external tool (like the SS configurator) and I'm not really into the idea since it also requires A LOT of extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter222 View Post
    I have a question regarding with difficulty level, what is the best difficulty level in both campaign and battle wich makes the game more challenging and more fun, (i don't mean fighting countless stacks of AI every turn), i just want a challenging level to play this fantastic mod.
    Anyone willing to help ? also i would like someone to give me some advice how to play sultanate of rum, some little tips would be great

Anyone willing to help ? also i would like someone to give me some advice how to play sultanate of rum, some little tips would be great
    Get hard/hard. That one should work. Regarding sultanate of rum..Hm.. Get caserae , try to hold byzantine atacks, and to get peace. Then expand east, there should be quiety number of rebel towns. Then jihad could help you a lot against byzantine. I dont advise you to go for sis (cilicia armenia), as it have very very strong rebels. Ally yourself with fatimids (egypt), as they will sooner or later crush crusaders. THey do it all time

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have the Crusader States ever really survived in anyone else's game? Besides being played as them once or twice.

Be a man/woman (I ain't no sexist!) and go very hard/very hard.
    Last edited by Henry X; July 15, 2016 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Yep, vh/vh is definetly way to go. In fact fighter 222, in this mdo there is no spam stacks if that bother u.
    Henry, they never survived in mine campaings. I would suggest adding them one more settlement, Kerak would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    Have the Crusader States ever really survived in anyone else's game? Besides being played as them once or twice.
    They have one citadel and are vassal of the egyptians so they'll live indefinitely... until I come to own them.

@Alavaria actualy u are wrong. Factions with too few regions got they 'diplomatic stats' restarted after time. So they will not live forever.

Well I wouldn't want someone killstealing the last of the pope's factions so I better not delay too long then.

What's this about Christendom ceasing to exist?
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

What's this about Christendom ceasing to exist?
    You'll have to wait until the story gets there, it's only up to turn 30 while the campaign is already reaching 125

Be a man/woman (I ain't no sexist!) and go very hard/very hard.
    Isn't that in VH battles AI gets unrealistic bonus in morale etc, i dont like that AI gets bonuses in battles

Isn't that in VH battles AI gets unrealistic bonus in morale etc, i dont like that AI gets bonuses in battles
    It's not enough to worry about in my experience. As long as you aren't throwing peasants and militia at professional troops, you'll be fine.

Default Re: Just some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Hey guys, tried out your mod.

Love the map and detail that was put into it. Also the overall design of units, environment, factions.

Some negative feedback from a person just tries your mod for the first time:

- Battles are too short? Literally they finish in 5-10 mins. Cavalry is TOO Strong. Everything died really fast. Im playing on Vh/Vh.

- Playing as Novgorod. I make 10k per turn, and have 3 full stack armies. Making cash is way too easy, and I just hold 7 provinces.

- Rebels are more aggressive then AI Apparently. Honestly I get attacked by rebels more then enemy AI.

Am I missing some point here, or it was supposed to be likes this?
    hey i man i've found a fast and easy fix for slower battles, you have to edit the battle_config (.xml) file which is inside the data folder, open it with notepad and find the line "<melee-hit-rate>3.0</melee-hit-rate>" you must change the red number, the higher the number the faster soldiers die in melee

just some examples 3.0 is very fast (default SS combat speed) 1.0 is medium (iirc it's M2TW default speed) 0.22 (very slow combat speed), try testing in custom battles and find out which speed you like the most

EDIT: doing some tests with "1.00" and apparently this also fixed the cav charge being too powerfull, a unit of feudal knights used to completly blow up a unit of armored sergeants frontally, now it only kills about 15-25 men (without any armor upgrade, with upgrades it will kill even less)

two birds with one stone
    Last edited by Dekhatres; July 17, 2016 at 12:09 AM.

Guys, Serbia has a brutal starting game. Once they take those easy rebel settlements, they have to go balls to the wall to go up against the Hungarians with any semblance of success.

Default How to build siege weapons?

Hello I've been playing SSHIP for awhile and greatly enjoy it so far but one question though...I cant build any siege weapon? ( ballista, catapult, trebuchet) am I missing something? thank you

Default Re: How to build siege weapons?

If you don't start off with the ability to build the Siege Works building (ie: can't even see it in any cities) then you'll have to wait until the "First Rudder" event at about turn 96.

Default Re: How to build siege weapons?

I believe ballista and catapults were both removed as well. You may need the logging camp to construct the siege works.

Guys, Serbia has a brutal starting game. Once they take those easy rebel settlements, they have to go balls to the wall to go up against the Hungarians with any semblance of success.
    Yea, one of hardest in my opinio. Realy great campaign.