Thread: Empire Campaign - Bretonnia or Unite Empire?

Civitate

Default Empire Campaign - Bretonnia or Unite Empire?

Hi All,

I"ve tried the Empire a few times so far but I think I get bogged down and don't make enough income to support armies with elite units in them. My usual strategy is to focus on Bretonnia and Mousilen (sp?) down south after uniting Reikland. But I never seem to make that much income because I usually have Franz with a 20 unit stack (usually a Captain, two mortars, and his starting units with swordsmen and crossbowmen) as well as a garrison stack of like 6 units or so. I always think I need the Empire provinces to be buffers for when Chaos arrives but I'm wondering if I would be more wealthy going after them than the Bretonnia factions.

What seems to work for people?

Default Re: Empire Campaign - Bretonnia or Unite Empire?

Just wait it out. Castle in reikland for 50 turns develop your lands and by then you will have 1 maybe 2 professional armies depending on trade. After that just kill chaos and take all the razed imperial lands. Dont let the vampires overexpand though. Its really easy to just let everyone die off and then make a stand on your cities. Just make sure everythimg is fortified. Boring i know but i cant be bothered with spearmen and swordsmen. I always go for halberds and cannons

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The southern factions lands are pretty rich. Take border princes land and tilea and no one usually cares. In fact there's a good chance they're fighting dwarves so you can improve diplomacy w/dwarves taking those lands. Orcs may cross the sea to raid sometime but 1cheap stack should be good to protect.

Oh btw i forgot to mention you should take the wasteland right after you unite reikland, marienburg is one of the 3 rich empire cities. the other 2 being altdorf and wolfenburg (has a gold mine).
    Last edited by Chewie; July 18, 2016 at 01:15 PM.

Civitate

OK, so it seems like what I'm doing is correct, it's just taking a longer time to do it than I wanted. Just unite Reikland, get Marienburg, then head South.

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

Things don't always go as planned. I'm playing the Empire on turn 100. I ended up fighting Brettona because they had expanded into the Empire and took Marienburg, Middenland and Nordland and expanded as far as Castle Rauken in Ostland. Meanwhile Mousalon used the opportunity and seized almost all of Brettonia with only Carcassone left with 1 town.

The vampire counts expanded south and east so I got sandwiched between 2 large vampire factions when the chaos wars started, luckily the dwarves managed to hold the greenskin in check this time around.

So where you go or what you do is up to you. But I have fought almost all my battles with Karl Franz without elite units. Mostly swordsmen, spearmen, halberdiers, 1 handgunners, 4 crossbowmen, 1 Reikguard and 1 empire knights and on Celestial Wizard. If you upgrade Karl Franz so he gives bonus to spearman, swordsmen and halberdiers he's going to kick ass. And when you get him on a griffon he becomes almos unstoppable.
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -