Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Lifhrasir
    Do you consider removing Portugal in early and add them in Late game only? Since they aren't doing anything and alway get annexed or become 1 settlement vassal and add Hammadid or Zirid to balance the Mediterranean since Tunis always being annexed by Italian faction because another 2 Muslim faction near it too busy.
    Also, I see that Sicily faction still appears in Late game (but not exist), maybe you can make them start at vassal of the Holy Roman Empire.

I've played Stainless Steel many times over the years and have just noticed the existence of this sub mod.

I wanted to know if I could use this and still play a late era campaign? The early era campaign has always bored me since it's limited to mass militia-based armies for a hundred turns. If this sub-mod actually addresses these issues I'll give it a go if it really is mandatory.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

SSHIP includes a kind of late era campaign (named High Era actually) that starts in 1245 if I remember correctly.
    If you want to keep playing SS, you need to rename the SS6.3 folder, then to re-install it and then to install SSHIP on top of your new SS installation.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Yeah just the high era is integrated into the game.

Perfect - many thanks.

Unrelated question: M2 is restricted to using a single CPU core. No way around this right?

Blog Entries

Read the following thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mization-Guide
    You might find something interesting for you.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks.

In the Stainless Steel setup launcher, are the options 'Limited Activities' and 'Longer Assimilation' compatible with SSHIP?

Blog Entries

@ GG Magic, nope. Choose only what it's specified here (Installation Instructions).

@ DietCrow, if we decide to remove Portugal in Early Era, we won't replace it by Hammadids or Zirids for the reasons already explained by MWY.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 28, 2016 at 08:45 AM.

[QUOTE=Lifthrasir;15067068]The Magyar Mod team is very strick for the use of their work and I don't think we have reached the level they requier for that. But at least they provide some good sources.
    [/QUOT
    I know about their strict view of using their mod. But i was suggesting to use (as you said) sources: map is very good, so only redraw current Hungary. And you saved time for more needed work.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    we won't replace it by Hammadids or Zirids for the reasons already explained by MWY.
    Just to throw this in there, how about the Latin Empire as an emergent horde faction that spawns outside Constantinople?

Hopefully my final question before I begin a campaign.

Can you use the English names for the regions and settlements from the file "imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names_english.txt" located in the data>text folder?

Blog Entries

@ Marius, in that case, we need to remove Portugal, ERE and 2 other factions to represent that area with accuracy (to create the Latin Empire, the Kingdom of Bulgary, the Empire of Nicea and the Empire of Trebizond). So unfortunately, I have to say no

@ GG Magic, if I got you right, for that, you need to install the following Mini-mod: Faction names back to normal English form

I've been using that mod and sadly it doesn't change the actual settlement names. For example Cordoba is still called Qurtuba.

I'll have a play around with the text files to see if I can get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    And guess what? They even use M2TW engine to make a movie explaining the Maggyars raids across Europe during the 10th century Regarding symbols, I ve seen one with a sun and a crescent but I have to make some researches about the relevant period for it.
    maybe explanation http://history.stackexchange.com/que...escent-banners

Blog Entries

Well, the idea behind the settlements names is that they appear as they were actually called at that time by their respective faction owner. MWY should be able to confirm this but I guess that there's probably several files to be modified.

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    Just to throw this in there, how about the Latin Empire as an emergent horde faction that spawns outside Constantinople?
    and maybe also spawn lots of Latin Empire spies inside Constantinople

however i think it would be better if it was possible to call crusade on Constantinople, we could make sense of that and say that it was a throne contender who called help from western powers to overthrow the emperor (more or less what happened in 4th crusade?) this could also balance the game more since byzantines are probably the most powerfull faction

and i also wanna bump this

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    @Lift/MWY yesterday was reading stuff about wootz steel weapons and got me thinking maybe we can add back the weapon upgrade on swordsmith guild but limit it to only 1 for every faction and rename it to something like "Royal Armoury" the idea is to have a that one special place that produces weapons and armor for your King/Sultan/Emperor and his guards

i know it gives like +4 damage but that could be balanced by having a very high cost for such kind of armoury, perhaps even a maintainance cost for it, what do ya think ?
    Last edited by Dekhatres; July 28, 2016 at 10:32 AM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    however i think it would be better if it was possible to call crusade on Constantinople
    That never happened though.

Blog Entries

True. Originally, the primary objective of the 4th crusade wasn't Constantinople. The "crusaders" were even excommunicated (temporary through) by the Pope at that time.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; July 28, 2016 at 03:54 PM.

i know i know, but i am trying to find a middle way between historical accuracy and gameplay because i feel 1 faction slot is wasted with Latin Empire imho

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by GG Magic View Post
    Hopefully my final question before I begin a campaign.

Can you use the English names for the regions and settlements from the file "imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names_english.txt" located in the data>text folder?
    Check the submods friend. Should be one already to cover you.

Lifthrasir, what in the is going on in my Venice campaign to cause my tiny armies just suck up my coffers, and my income just tanking? I can't even raise enough troops to fight the Serbs and simultaneously keep Venice from rebelling. I've taken to letting it revolt and then putting the population to the sword.

What is going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry X View Post
    Check the submods friend. Should be one already to cover you.

Lifthrasir, what in the is going on in my Venice campaign to cause my tiny armies just suck up my coffers, and my income just tanking? I can't even raise enough troops to fight the Serbs and simultaneously keep Venice from rebelling. I've taken to letting it revolt and then putting the population to the sword.

What is going on?
    i think there's a money bug that plagues stainless steel, pay attention to your treasury, count every florin and you will see sometimes you will lose money even without recruiting or building anything

what i did to test this is play normally then suddenly stop spenting money and just play a few turns without recruiting or building anything at all, so even with 0 florins spend in recruiting and building instead of making say 4k as the projected profits say that particular turn i made only 1-2k, did same tests in 6.1 and this dosent happen

dunno maybe i am missing something, would be nice if someone would also do some tests and confirm/disprove this