Quote Originally Posted by cnv2855 View Post
As a die-hard Total War fan since Shogun 1, I can confidently say that this DLC is probably one of the laziest and most broken releases of content that I've seen from any game company. It was rushed out the door with minimal testing and the Devolve bug is a glaring example that one custom battle should have exposed. The complete lack of quality assurance, and testing with this release is setting a terribly dangerous precedent that we should be angry about.

I do ask that CA take pride in their game, because this DLC is worse than the travesty of that was Rome II's release. The DLC and faction needs a complete rework to salvage the state that it's in. Their mini-campaign is nothing but the Grand Campaign played on a smaller map, with fewer races. Here are my game-breaking problems with the DLC that needs to be brought to light, all in addition to Devolve which one custom play-tested battle should have revealed.

By not discussing and being angry about this release only encourages future content to be rushed and half-finished. Instead of paying playtesters, they are just going to use us for their future games and DLC.

BEASTMEN UNITS CAN EASILY BE MADE IMMUNE TO ROUTING. WARHAMMER LORE SAYS THAT THE BEASTMEN'S GREATEST WEAKNESS IS COWARDICE. YET EVEN THEIR WEAKEST UNITS WILL FIGHT TO THE LAST MAN ON ANY DIFFICULTY.

Gorebulls give a +20 leadership buff to every unit in their army, and it stacks. You can give every unit on their roster +60 leadership by having 3 Gorebulls. This is inaddition to their god-tier melee stats makes their implementation absolutely baffling, as you have the strongest combat agent combined with god-tier support abilities.

The buffs from other agents/Lords, such as leadership bonuses from Warrior Priests/Longbeards, do not stack with one another or even with other units or their Lords. Other agent's encourage aura and buffs do not stack, yet the strongest leadership buff in the game (map-wide +20 leadership) stacks with everything allowing units to obtain 200 leadership.

BEASTMEN CAN EASILY OBTAIN AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF GOLD, AT ANY POINT IN YOUR CAMPAIGN.

All you need do to achieve this is disband all of your units except your Legendary Lord, enter Hidden Encampment stance, and then press Enter to receive 2,300 gold per turn. This can be repeated indefinitely as the AI will never reveal nor attack you. You can do this, and that 2,300 gold per turn will add up giving you the ability to obtain millions of gold and recruit dozens of armies filled with the strongest of units.

ALL OF THIS IS IN ADDITION TO HIDDEN ENCAMPMENT ENSURING THAT PLAYER CAN NEVER BE DEFEATED BY THE AI.

WHY NOT GO ALL THE WAY AND MAKE FACTION CAPITALS (SUCH AS ALTDORF) UNBESIEGABLE BY THE AI.

This is their first attempt at DLC and I, for one, couldn't be more disappointed. Everything from Devolve, to the gamebreaking bugs, to the terrible mini-campaign has been a complete letdown.

We as their fans, their customers, should demand more. We DESERVE more.
We had our chance to boycott them after Rome 2 but we just kept coming back for the awesome ideas they came up with so now we are stuck with , half assed DLCs =p They'll probably keep this up for the next 2 years with this game if everything goes according to their plan. Warhammer will probably be pretty massive and the final, full and completed product will probably cost somewhere between 250 and 300 pounds

Now excuse me while I watch some more minotaurs charging into cavalry.. god I love these guys.