Thread: Music Overhaul

Default Music Overhaul

Music Overhaul
    Download: Link removed
    Installation: instructions are in the readme.

This mod adds 65 new songs to the game, the music is from Rome 1, The Guild 2, Civilization 4 and 5 with mods, Crusader kings 2, Stronghold Crusader, Overlord 1 and 2, Mount & blade + Prophecy of Pendor (Mod) Fantasy Soundtrack mod for Skyrim and Immersive Music for Skyrim (mods)

All credit goes to those mods and games, and their creators.

Future versions will have 300-600+ more songs, so i need some help, if you want to help me please PM or post here, there are several soundtracks i cant get right now:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gothic 1,2,3
    The Witcher 2
    Diablo 2
    Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2
    Dark Messiah of Might&Magic
    Heroes of Might&Magic IV,V
    Spellforce 1 & 2
    Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

If you have any of these soundtracks, the best way you can help me is by sharing them so i can add the best songs from those games into the mod.

Also if you have any reccomendations, suggestions, complaints or ideas, please post them, im very willing to change, remove or add songs, i can even customize the music mod for you if your request is not too large.

Just a Quick FYI version 1.0 hasnt been fully tested yet, im still having some problems getting the strategy map music to play, but everything else should be working, also i have removed the original arabic battle music for now, i am planning to replace it with something much better, if you want me to add it back, i can do so in a future release.

Special Thanks to jurcek1987 for giving the idea and for helping out
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 23, 2016 at 05:03 AM.

Default Re: Music Overhaul

UPDATE: the strategy map music IS working, however it is likely to be on the lowest priority or last in the playlist, also there is an issue where the music which is supposed to be played during summer plays during winter, i am currently looking into this and will release a hotfix as soon as i can.

The mod is still a Work In Progress, the next content update will likely be in a week,
    BUT-- if you help me by uploading the tracks i need, it will be done much sooner, you just need to add them to Dropbox then post a link, like i did with this mod.

ALSO: for the fullest experience with this mod right now, you should play either a northern european or eastern european faction, they have winter soundtracks but the southern european and arabic factions dont,
    I WILL be working on fixing this, so as to make the fullest experience possible for all the cultures.

Congratulation for your music submod, when all submod is ready i will download for sship, and sure when new release is coming with your music submod all together will be great! Continue with your great work mate!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi Solid Sneak, I can recommend some music for the Arab and Byzantine factions. For Arabs and Turks, see this:

https://youtu.be/bG8doWtENt8?t=2m58s

Also try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfHA8v9GJg
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; August 18, 2016 at 04:42 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Good job Mate.

However, beware of the copyright issue that might raise by using content from other games. Same remark about music from Youtube. If I change the music in SSHIP, the new tracks will need to be open resource or royalty free or have received approval from their authors.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I downloaded a lot of the music for Broken Crescent and play that on iTunes in the background, then launch SSHIP. Their songs are so good I have been known to play the game just to hear the music.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, Please tell me what you think of the music

@j.a.luna: Cheers, will do mate

@Lifthrasir: i am allowed to use this music, but if any issues occur, i will remove the mod if neccecary.

@bigdaddy1204: thank you for sharing, great tracks by the way! do you have any links to where i can download them?

UPDATE: the mod is updated, there are 3 new tracks and the music should be working 90% now, it will be complete in a week hopefully.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Solid Sneak,

Please can you elaborate on why you can use this music?

Thanks

Navajo Joe
    SS Forum Moderator

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

No supporting evidence has been forth coming regarding usage rights - hence the link will stay removed and this thread will be closed.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 23, 2016 at 05:04 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader