Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

Ok,now that website of total war center go fine..someone can answer me about my previous question about fatigue troops?
    Happy 2017!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    i wrote in sship general discussion but i my post not notificated in new post...it is how if i dont write anything...maybe is due to fall and offline of the website...
    Yes, the "mail server" is down, no notifications via email.
    Full story & status : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post15207727
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Civis

Default Mongol campaign behavior

Hi all! How have the Mongols been working on other player's recent SSHIP campaigns? I know that in prevoius versions the Mongols would wander around Khwarezm and the steppe for some 40-50 turns without much activity. Often they would besiege cities and not "settle down" into a new capital. I am on turn 69 of a new Romans early era campaign (on the latest version of SSHIP) and am wondering what others have experienced recently with the nomads on the map. Has anyone seen the Mongol's build a substantial empire?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Trial 1-2-3 to get access to page 164
    Looks like there are still a few "ghosts" hidding around. Let's hope that these issues will be fixed soon.

Anyway, happy New Year to all. All the best for 2017
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 02, 2017 at 04:27 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Trial 1-2-3 to get access to page 164
    Looks like there are still a few "ghosts" hidding around. Let's hope that htese issues will be fixed soon.

Anyway, happy New Year to all. All the best for 2017
    Huzzah page 164 at last, I was just thinking it was classified for a while !!!!

Happy New Year to you as well.

NJ

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Civis

Hello everyone I just installed sship as instructions said and wanted to ask if it's ok. vh/vh So the problem is that in Battle my troops never recover their stamina or they do very slow unrealistic, levies and averagers exhaust before you reach enemy if attacking and don't recover and only superior troops can recover their stamina. Can i ask is this supposed to be like this or I installed this game wrong ???? Btw there are some missing textures in rebels troops. I remember playing vanilla ss 6.4 and it was different
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; January 02, 2017 at 05:52 PM.

Blog Entries

We haven't touched the stamina feature if my memory serves me well. Have you tried to lower down the battle difficulty to hard, just to see if it fits more your tastes?
    About the missing textures, we know and try to correct them
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Civis

Should custom battles and historical battles cause ctd ? Late era campaign also doesn't work.

Blog Entries

Customs and Historical battles ctds are not relevant to SSHIP but to Stainless Steel. Don't know the reason. So, basically, you need to quit the game each time you want to switch from these battles to the other one or to the main campaign.
    The Late Era is working but it's still a beta version. I just hope that you haven't run the SS setup again (if yes, you need to re-install SSHIP on top of it). Just start a campaign and choose High Era on the Menu Screen.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 03, 2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Typo

Civis

I know. But late era just changes years and nothing else getting changed, cities arent bigger, same family trees.
    Can I ask why you removed some regions from Scandinavia ?
    Any troops get unlocked with inventions ?
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; January 03, 2017 at 09:41 AM.

a late happy newyear!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadowtwinz View Post
    I know. But late era just changes years and nothing else getting changed, cities arent bigger, same family trees.
    Can I ask why you removed some regions from Scandinavia ?
    Any troops get unlocked with inventions ?
    Territories per factions aren't the same compare to early era. Again, this is a beta version.

We have reached the regions amount accepted by the engine (200). Regions and settlements were choosen depending on their population at that time. Scandinavia wasn't very populated. That's why.

If you play the campaign a bit, you will notice that not all units are available at the start of the game

@ Stevie, happy new year to you too

Civis

Great mod but still needs polishing I think. Economy reminds me BGR.
    I have some questions about Campaign.
    Why AI Doesn't attack you with it's full stack ? Including bellow
    AI Naval units also don't attack me just board near my ships.
    AI besieges me, has clear advantage but breaks siege next turn.
    AI Leaves it's city with 1-3 troops or General.
    AI with 1 City has over 10k money but doesn't spend them, checked with diplomats their wealth is "Reasonable" or "Well of".
    In conclusion I think that there exists better Campaign AI mods I can remember but forgot after 2-3 years pause which one is it. I think very aggressive AI.
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; January 04, 2017 at 10:38 AM.

AI with 1 City has over 10k money but doesn't spend them, checked with diplomats their wealth is "Reasonable" or "Well of".
    In conclusion I think that there exists better Campaign AI mods I can remember but forgot after 2-3 years pause which one is it. I think very aggressive AI.
    There's only so much that the AI can actually spend with only 1 city (and it's getting some magical AI cash bonuses) because cities have rather restricted recruitment.

Given enough time and peace, I've seen all AIs grow their army until they cannot support any more, which is amusing until you have to attack their stacks of Christian Guard, Amir's Guard, Latinkon, etc etc

Blog Entries

Give us time and we should hopefully be able to implement these aspects

Civis

Is Maneth compilation partialy included ? I wonder because it features improvements for traits and ancilaries from SSTAIP mod.
    Is it worth to try SSHIP with gracul AI or it's not going to work and just crash ?

Some feedback for Norway. Bodyguard unit's stats are wrong compared to Hirdsmen troop. It's stats are 9 10 0 even they have shield visualy but their shield skill is 0.
    Last edited by shadowtwinz; January 05, 2017 at 11:04 AM.

Some feedback for Norway. Bodyguard unit's stats are wrong compared to Hirdsmen troop. It's stats are 9 10 0 even they have shield visualy but their shield skill is 0.
    That reminds me, when you kill a faction, all their generals' bodyguard units immediately turn into Hirdsmen, which is... interesting.

Blog Entries

Both issues about Hirdsmenn and Norwegian BG are noted in my endless list of "things to do for next release".

Marplatense's Avatar Libertus

Some possibility of being able to create princesses as agents from some building (as in mod Bellum Crucis). I honestly have many problems in maintaining a royal dynasty. At the moment I have 6 generals of approximately 30 years. Since birth (14 years) who do not receive marriage proposals. It's frustrating.

Is possible represent in the game(in early campaign,not high) the fourth crusade?that latins betrayed byzantines and attack constantinople in 1204?maybe via script as bulgarians riots or come mongol horde...this is for represent a super important fact in middle age that wounded to death byzantines
    Maybe via script appear in balcan region some full armies, of venetians,french u other european factions...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW