Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this forum becoming obsolete?

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Is this forum becoming obsolete?

I 100% disagree on the history addicts. this forum was super active for like 2-3 months when warhammer was release. it just didn't keep up like rome 2 did. that is when mods are suppose to kick in. the mod launcher being part of steam without a working standalone version( I tried really hard to make it work but gave up ) and steamworkshop took care of that.
    Last edited by craziii; February 15, 2017 at 01:59 PM.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

There are a couple of big modding projects going on for newer games, I don't really know what people are complaining about. Atilla has a Lord of the Rings mod, a Westeros mod, a mod to change it to the later Medieval era, and a mod to send it straight back to the height of the Roman Republic. That's four major overhauls, two of which aren't even affected by the lack of map modding. At least not horribly so.

Warhammer just recently got a battle map editor, and modders have already put their custom battle maps into the campaign.

I only come to TWC for two reasons, to see Radious' changelogs, and to see if any interesting Total War/modding news has popped up. In older days, I would come to talk about Total War games, but a good majority of the time threads either devolve into bashing CA or just die out after a few posts. You have to go back to December of last year to find a thread with more than three pages, and that one wasn't even on topic.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Also the rampant negativity that has ruled here since Rome 2 was released turned a lot of posters away who really just wanted to discuss the games and not go into a hostile debate on developer ethics. The CA staff used to post here as well but they are gone too.

Honestly as I think warhammer is an excellent game, ive been posting more on the official forums than in this subforum. I use TWC for keeping up with mods and the non-tw parts and the official forum to discuss Warhammer tw.
    Rampant negativity? What on earth are you talking about?

Stop making excuses. A lot of people have been turned off by a lot of fanboy type posting and also because of the current DLC policy meaning they arent playing Warhammer.

Why would you when the the game isnt finished? I dont come here much because am not playing the current game until all DLC is released and it goes on sale and also I used to like helping out on the technical side but when CA refuse to shell out for a new engine I dont see why I should put the effort in to help people with technical issues and their games. (for free out of the kindness of my heart).

And CA staff arguably dont post because well why would they? A lot of the time it's rubbish pr/marketing they do pre-release or you telling me the years you have been here you havent noticed this? You dont remember some of their marketing fiascos?

The brown screenshot anyone....not showing any real gameplay...the list can go on and on...?!? And the diary things they did were more like a failed slap stick comedy session...I didnt mind them persay but really it was more of an embarassment. You want me to refresh people memories here?

Oh and my all time favourite "the reason for the stuggling framerates is because the game was designed for gpus which arent released yet" Haha. That was a classic. Classically bad.

They will be back when they want to hype up the next release. It's how it goes.

In fact most people would say posting on the official forum is obsolete. Or pointless. This forum I suspect is just having a quiet period. Happens.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 17, 2017 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Personal references removed

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Pretty sure that's what he's talking about.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

This forum has a vastly superior mod subsection. Thing is, total war warhammer doesn't really have any mods. So I come here to check on DEI, ancient empires, and medieval kingdoms mod progress. I go to the main forum for warhammer news. I used to be able to come here for both but the warhammer forum is not very active and CA doesn't here post often.

Totalheadache has a point. Rome II locked out sparta as a preorder bonus. Chaos for warhammer. Thats just a couple of things CA is doing thats making people so negative. Final nail in coffin not worth the effort to make the campaign map modable. Since medieval II. Only one game has one mod that has a campaign map overhaul and thats for shogun II. Not sure if you can apply the same method to games after shogun II.

Quote Originally Posted by keldor View Post
    Totalheadache has a point. Rome II locked out sparta as a preorder bonus. Chaos for warhammer. Thats just a couple of things CA is doing thats making people so negative. Final nail in coffin not worth the effort to make the campaign map modable. Since medieval II. Only one game has one mod that has a campaign map overhaul and thats for shogun II. Not sure if you can apply the same method to games after shogun II.
    Of course I have a point am telling the truth! Look dont get me wrong I enjoy the games and if it wasnt for the current DLC policy which I think is ruining the game I'd be playing.

Who wants to put hours into a game and then for them to release new factions which arguably put a whole new spin on the campaign? Some might argue "I am playing at the moment and when more factions come I'll just carry on or restart".

That's fine but there's a load of people am sure who play other games and think well I can do this and that and save money to play later. (plus I have another big hobby now so am playing less and less games...such is life ha).

Plus a lot of my gripe is probably directed at the senior management. Look at the current release of the map editor? Who cares? If it were for single player campaign...amazing but really am pretty sure it's a minority who care about mp battles. I just saw lionhearts youtube vid and it looks like great fun.

But as he himself points out these are some of the maps we should have had in the campaign no? Am hoping when I finally play the elven campaign there will be more than one map for unwalled settlements...

Plus this so called "negativity" are actually from people who are far from negative, who in fact want the series to be better and still believe it will happen. I include myself in this category.

p.s Brettonia did it really take them that long to do this faction? I know it's free but....
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 16, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Of course I have a point am telling the truth! Look dont get me wrong I enjoy the games and if it wasnt for the current DLC policy which I think is ruining the game I'd be playing.

Who wants to put hours into a game and then for them to release new factions which arguably put a whole new spin on the campaign? Some might argue "I am playing at the moment and when more factions come I'll just carry on or restart".

That's fine but there's a load of people am sure who play other games and think well I can do this and that and save money to play later. (plus I have another big hobby now so am playing less and less games...such is life ha).

Plus a lot of my gripe is probably directed at the senior management. Look at the current release of the map editor? Who cares? If it were for single player campaign...amazing but really am pretty sure it's a minority who care about mp battles. I just saw lionhearts youtube vid and it looks like great fun.

But as he himself points out these are some of the maps we should have had in the campaign no? Am hoping when I finally play the elven campaign there will be more than one map for unwalled settlements...

Plus this so called "negativity" are actually from people who are far from negative, who in fact want the series to be better and still believe it will happen. I include myself in this category.

p.s Brettonia did it really take them that long to do this faction? I know it's free but....
    Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    Rampant negativity? What on earth are you talking about?

Stop making excuses. A lot of people have been turned off by a lot of fanboy type posting and also because of the current DLC policy meaning they arent playing Warhammer.

Why would you when the the game isnt finished? I dont come here much because am not playing the current game until all DLC is released and it goes on sale and also I used to like helping out on the technical side but when CA refuse to shell out for a new engine I dont see why I should put the effort in to help people with technical issues and their games. (for free out of the kindness of my heart).

And CA staff arguably dont post because well why would they? A lot of the time it's rubbish pr/marketing they do pre-release or you telling me the years you have been here you havent noticed this? You dont remember some of their marketing fiascos?

The brown screenshot anyone....not showing any real gameplay...the list can go on and on...?!? And the diary things they did were more like a failed slap stick comedy session...I didnt mind them persay but really it was more of an embarassment. You want me to refresh people memories here?

Oh and my all time favourite "the reason for the stuggling framerates is because the game was designed for gpus which arent released yet" Haha. That was a classic. Classically bad.

They will be back when they want to hype up the next release. It's how it goes.

In fact most people would say posting on the official forum is obsolete. Or pointless. This forum I suspect is just having a quiet period. Happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Pretty sure that's what he's talking about.
    your posts that is what pasan is talking about dont you see you are doing the same as the post or people you critized?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 17, 2017 at 02:15 AM. Reason: For continuity
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    your posts that is what pasan is talking about dont you see you are doing the same as the post or people you critized?
    Well if he was referring to my posts thats why I answered

Nevermind...

p.s criticism can be constructrive..I think that's something you and others are failing to grasp. Dont worry about it too much! It can be a bit of advanced/forward way of thinking....it gets easier as you are older/wiser.

I.e You can still love the series whilst bringing into debate all the things possible of criticism. This forum's major malfunction is for certain members inability to discuss things rationally. Last few posts are just backing up everything I say...you are proving my points.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 16, 2017 at 02:24 PM.

It's a shame as still the games are alright! In fact I'd just about give Warhammer an 8/10. (and thats because when all the factions are released I think that's what it will be).

I have said it before but I think the buck stops with Mike Simpson. He holds the purse strings.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 19, 2017 at 01:27 AM. Reason: For continuity

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I would say it depends on the topic. For example our DeI submoforum here has pretty constant amount of 50-60 people view it and around triple of that value when we are nearing release date of some bigger update. I guess once new DLC/FLC for Warhammer comes in or even better, new game, TWC will bit a bit more alive. While I do like Warhammer, there is nothing much to talk about lately, outside modding scene of course.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

When I joined the forums years ago, it was all about finding information about games and future content whether they're about expansions or dlcs or even fanmade mods.

Those were the days before FB, twitter etc. What makes me stick was the ambience. Yes there are fanboys and there are hateboys around but still information that I seek are coming around.

Nowadays it's different. Steam workshop shouldn't be the reason because the official forum is still alive while TWC is almost dead.

New games, old games would not matter. When ETW came out, I still frequent RTW forums because I'm not interested in guns warfare much. So for me, regardless whether one like Warhammer or not, people will still come for older games if the ambience is right. Now, sadly for me it's not and has not been since.post Rome2 release.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

This is relative, the Shogun 2 forum looks like an old altar abandoned in ruins, when the M2TW's modding forum is still alive and kicking.

About fanboys, for me the problem wasn't their opinion concerning the greatness of Rome 2 but the fact that they were always invoking "moral" concepts like negativity to diminish contradictory elements. This sanctimonious attitude poisoned the debates. Fights over empire total war were much harder but you didn't have on one side some posters whining about or the other side was too critical, or too negative or that they should be happy with what they have. Rhet were adressiung the arguments, not judging the poster. On another hand calling somebody a "fanboy'' isn't a good start either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    3) Change in the TW Setting, i.e. Warhammer. Frankly speaking, the Warhammer TW has been praised by the press and without doubt the TW formula and Warhammer universe blend quite well. But I think the "old crowd" of TW Players are to some good degree "history addicted", because this was the traditional TW Setting. It might be that with changing to the Warhammer lore, TW gained some new users (Warhammer fans), but I also think quite some number of "old TW fans" are losing interest in TW if there is no new historical title.
    That's the first thing that came to my mind when I read the OP.
    Last edited by Yerevan; February 17, 2017 at 01:06 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Any discussion about CA's business practice and such has to take place in the "Creative Assembly Business Practice Discussion Thread" of each TW game serie (stickied threads).

Any discussion about TWC has to take place in the
    Questions & Suggestions forum.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12