Thread: Pisa Final Victory (All 199 Settlements, 9 Mongol Armies Defeated)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: "Victory" with Pisa (139 of 199 settlements)

Quote Originally Posted by GenPatton View Post
    I wonder if other players feel the same... I really dislike to conquer and destroy all, the game becomes so empty and lonely. I hate it. Basically what happens to me is that at a certain point (35 to 55 regions) I settle myself with that and stop my expansion on natural borders (rivers, mountains), which eventually can lead me to just start a new campaign because it can get boring just to turtle and fight off whoever tries to fight me. I guess there is no way this game can respond to this, it's an old game with many limitations.

i get bored when i reach around 35 regions too, but i dont abandon the campaign, since i play in hotseat mode i just change faction and play with something else

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    i get bored when i reach around 35 regions too, but i dont abandon the campaign, since i play in hotseat mode i just change faction and play with something else
    This is actually something I wanted to ask: how many turns do you usually play? And how many regions to you take?

For me it's rather short time. After 10-12 regions I get bored and rarely continue. The longest was that 20 settlements in 235 turns.

With the usurper system the things are even worse: the big AI factions break in pieces and with 20 settlements I'm the biggest faction. So there's no challenge and I prefer starting buildig something smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    This is actually something I wanted to ask: how many turns do you usually play? And how many regions to you take?

For me it's rather short time. After 10-12 regions I get bored and rarely continue. The longest was that 20 settlements in 235 turns.

With the usurper system the things are even worse: the big AI factions break in pieces and with 20 settlements I'm the biggest faction. So there's no challenge and I prefer starting buildig something smaller.

depends, sometimes i play with a faction just to get it back on it's feet, if for example france is getting wrecked hard then i might switch faction and play with it till it's back in shape

sometimes i build an empire then switch to a small faction and sit back and relax while watching the empire struggle to stay in one piece