Page 95 of 306 FirstFirst ... 4570858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105120145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 6110

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: SSHIP - Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Good old Win7
    I keep my fingers crossed to keep my old lapop with Windows7 pro as long as possible

Thanks for sharing this anyway. Hope it will be usefull for Windows10 users and that a solution will be found quickly
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Thanks, Tomek.
    On my Windows 10 Pro I haven't experienced this problem. However, recently I've experienced multiple crashes while playing Deus lo Vult (seem not to be related as reported here), but also on Dawn of Conquest, and one even when I've started SS-BtfB.
    Anyway, we'll see how it plays in future...

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

Is it normal as Hungary to not be able to recruit knights in 1160? Is this a bug? The heaviest infantry I can recruit is light men at arms

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Good old Win7
    I keep my fingers crossed to keep my old lapop with Windows7 pro as long as possible

Thanks for sharing this anyway. Hope it will be usefull for Windows10 users and that a solution will be found quickly
    Add admin privileges as well: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?755286

Blog Entries

@ CleomenesIII, I'll check that and will revert.

@ Gig, thanks for the info. So, to summarize for Windows10 users, install the game and mods outside the Program Files folder, as administrator and on compatibility mod with Windows7. Is that correct?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Installing M2TW outside the program files folder avoids virtual store issues. In Steam you should be able to move your installation outside it after installing.
    Once installation is completed set the executable(s) to win7 compatibility and admin rights.

Blog Entries

Many thanks Gig. I'm updating OP's here and for the installation.

Blog Entries

You may also want to direct Steam users to this article, especially the 'Fixes' at the bottom and this part (cannot find kingdoms.exe):
    Quote Originally Posted by tutorial
    Unfortunately, the launcher does not use the universal batch file method, it only detects that the kingdoms.exe required to run the disk version is not present. This can easily be fixed by following my tutorial here.

Blog Entries

Thanks again Gig. OP's updated accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomenes III View Post
    Is it normal as Hungary to not be able to recruit knights in 1160? Is this a bug? The heaviest infantry I can recruit is light men at arms
    I think this is the challenge for the Hungarian faction: how to cope with heavy neighbours (esp. Romaioi) without either heavy knights or heavy infantry. It was the case in the SS6.4 - I've had much fun with Hungary in the SS6.4-BtfB-BGRIVE a few years ago, the best mod at that time. I've used Bodyguards and mercenary Frankish Knights as heavy cav (well, this option is not really there in the current SSHIP due to the exorbitant price of this merc), and struggled every time with line infantry.
    I think there's a ray of hope for Hungary in the next SSHIP release, though. Perhaps some heavy infantry and light shock cavalry... we'll see when it's there.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

So I'm still trying to upload a error log. I can't seem to get the error log to work correctly and I'm kind of confused as to how to get it to work. So first off: I have to change the default.cfg file in my /mods/americas (for instance), am I right?
    I changed the line to:

(log)
    to = system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ⌗level = * error

But it doesn't seem to change the system.log text after ctd. It still shows warnings and then an unspecified error (I changed the directory for the log as suggested by Gigantus from logs/system.log.txt to the default folder because the error logs never showed up in the logs folder). Did I make a mistake in the grammar or do I have to add something?

Blog Entries

The entry is fine - only the brackets have to be square: [log]

After that the log will be in the main directory with the name you have given it.

How do I give my log a name. The only log that I find is system.log.txt in m2tw main folder. But that log doesnt give more information than before. It still says unspecified error and no info about what lead up to it.

Blog Entries

That is your log and it will have a ton of info. In quite a number of cases the log doesn't directly say what the error is - but the sequence sometimes gives an idea where the problem might be. Simply compress the log after a crash and submit it here for someone to have a look.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

I think Moor's Mercenary Christian Guard & Black Guard are not balanced properly.

While fighting with Moors I encounter quite often strong mercenary Christian Guard units, both cavalry & infantry.
    And very rarely Black Guard cavalry unit.

I think (my logic or 'feelings', not historical sources) it should be quite opposite.

Christian Guard (as mercenary troops and also as knights - 'traitors') should be quite rare, Black Guard according to description (unit derived from slaves especially to fight in Iberia) should be seen on battlefield quite often.

Christian Guard can be recruited both from cities and castles (from fortress level) with reasonable replenish rates,
    and it's replenish rates are about approx 10 turns.

Black Guard is recruitable only in cities from local recruitment with replenish rate 12 turns in Africa and 20 turns in Iberia !!.
    Plus : local recruitment requires a lot of buildings, while merc barracks only stone hut.

In EDU recruitment priorities are as follow:
    - Black Guard : 40
    - Christian Guard Cav : 40, infantry: 30

so they look good.
    Last edited by tmodelsk; August 27, 2017 at 07:43 AM.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Blog Entries

Not a bug. Just another roster that needs to be adjusted/re-worked.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

I'm sorry - I've messed up info about replenish rates (wrong column from EDB), I'll update it in previous post.
    But problem is still as described - a lot of merc Christian Guards and very rare Black Guard.

[Update]: previous post updated, problem is in replenish rates.
    Last edited by tmodelsk; August 27, 2017 at 10:07 AM.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

So here is the system log from the main m2tw folder. The bug that I experience is that I always crash in Kingdom of Georgias turn. Playing as HRE
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think we need a lot of such information to have material for adjusting/re-working the rosters.
    I've already reported some. I'll have some more on the Polish units (eg. the Polish Knights have 2D pic wielding maces, but in-game (and on the pic description of the unit) they have lances - if it would happen to a Georgian unit, Khevsur would deem the whole mod utterly un-historical...
    Where it should be posted so that it doesn't sink deep in the thread?

Blog Entries

@ tmodelsk, The replenish rate is given by the EDB, not the EDU as far as I remember

@ JoC, the "issues" reported are in the OP. I'll add this one to be sure to not forget it
    I know that there are numerous cards and descriptions to be corrected.

@ Eidgeniesser, I'll check that and will revert asap.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 27, 2017 at 09:43 AM.