Thread: Fighting without Imperium (Romani)

puddingkip's Avatar Tiro

Default Fighting without Imperium (Romani)

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before but I googled it and searched the forum and couldn't find it.

My question is, what happens if I fight with a general that has Imperium Relinquished trait? I get that this is not meant to be done, but is this only for conquering cities or can governors without Imperium still fight small rebel stacks and tiny invasions (massasily seem to drop 2 libyan skirmishers on a random island every other turn)?
    Do my generals get really bad traits if I send them to fight without Imperium? Do I get suicide requests?

Thanks in advance for answering

Default Re: Fighting without Imperium (Romani)

Fighting without Imperium:

Code:
    	Level No_Imperium
    		Description No_Imperium_desc
    		EffectsDescription No_Imperium_effects_desc
    		Threshold  1

Effect Attack  -3
    		Effect SiegeAttack  -3
    		Effect TroopMorale  -1
    -3 Command, another -3 Command in siege assaults, -1 morale to troops. So not totally disastrous, but your generals won't perform well. Probably doesn't matter too much in battlemap battles, but they'll be terrible in auto-calc.

puddingkip's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Fighting without Imperium:

Code:
    	Level No_Imperium
    		Description No_Imperium_desc
    		EffectsDescription No_Imperium_effects_desc
    		Threshold  1

Effect Attack  -3
    		Effect SiegeAttack  -3
    		Effect TroopMorale  -1
    -3 Command, another -3 Command in siege assaults, -1 morale to troops. So not totally disastrous, but your generals won't perform well. Probably doesn't matter too much in battlemap battles, but they'll be terrible in auto-calc.
    Thank you, that makes fighting off the autospawn rebels and tiny invasioms a lot easier and convenient then if I don't have to waste travel time on my precious few Imperium generals

Wicked helpful as always Quintus! I was wondering this myself for ages, and accidentally had a general romping around who had lost his imperium like 2 years earlier. I was ting bricks waiting for him to be branded an outlaw or cut down to size in his character traits, which would have sucked because he was my faction leader, and a mean SoB to boot, with loads of commendations. Good to know it just functions as a deterrent to illegal commanding, but not as a hard penalty that might swat the unattentive who send out illegal commanders to lead the assault on Qart-Hadast.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Wicked helpful as always Quintus! I was wondering this myself for ages, and accidentally had a general romping around who had lost his imperium like 2 years earlier. I was ting bricks waiting for him to be branded an outlaw or cut down to size in his character traits, which would have sucked because he was my faction leader, and a mean SoB to boot, with loads of commendations. Good to know it just functions as a deterrent to illegal commanding, but not as a hard penalty that might swat the unattentive who send out illegal commanders to lead the assault on Qart-Hadast.
    Back in the day there was discussion about nasty penalties for fighting without imperium, but in the end we didn't want to force you into roleplaying. But obviously it's advisable for your generals to have Imperium and certainly to utilize the cursus honorum (those give wonderful traits which make holding your conquests a lot easier....but hey, what did the Romans know about successfully managing conquered areas, right!?). Anyway, yes you can ignore all that as Rome, but it's a paler experience.
    EBII Council

There is a chance that your troops name the commander Imperator. Dunno the triggers, tho... probably win a few heroic battles?