Thread: SSHIP - General Discussion

Default Re: SSHIP - General Discussion

When looking, it seems people "found" it was 2 each, I have no idea directly as I never tested. A whole number seems intuitive rather than a fraction though there's no reason the formulas can't handle fractions.

I always thought it was hardcoded, but since it's the same price to recruit whether armor upgrades or not, I consider it a no-brainer so don't bother analyzing it.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

It's one of those interesting things for balance. Between factions or AI-Player balance that is.

Early tier units especially, if yours has 3 upgrades and you're the player you can take advantage of it, meanwhile the AI or a faction with only say 1 upgrade (or none) on their basic unit has a bit more... challenge, let's say.

Icon4 independent sovereignties have faction names

Hi, I was wondering if SSHIP will be planning to put actual faction names to independent sovereignties, so they won't have names such as Arab rebels, English rebels or Seljuk rebels but actual faction names. Also, I was wondering why Damascus still keeps its Arabic name when I capture it with the Crusader states.

Default Re: independent sovereignties have faction names

There is a limited number of faction slots available in the game engine so the independent sovereignties are the best that can be done unless you mean just the name that shows when you hover mouse over the armies?

Which name should Damascus have if Crusaders capture it? Far as I know Damascus is one of the oldest recorded names of inhabited city- only handful of cities have names recorded earlier.

In some cases and settlements have correct names as flemish rebels, bulgarians rebels, danishmends rebels, welsh rebels, finnish rebels....
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

^^ This is just due to the text folder and that's the best we can do as explained by Ichon
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

you mean like this?

Sship developers is possible add for the next version of sship the mod that improve graphics of medieval 2 total war? It is a hd version...
    Look at this youtube video of pixelated apollo, is really cool!
    https://youtu.be/aoJdGvwOMG4
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Its a shader-improvement from the looks of it, looks really cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    Its a shader-improvement from the looks of it, looks really cool indeed.
    Yes mate, really cool images, here is the link of yourtube video for tutorial and installer of this mod, for if you want to add it in the next version...
    https://youtu.be/LsM9mU9SsIY
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

The greatest fights sometimes occur when the AI has "special" ideas about army composition:

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

So how did you cope? And was AI wise enough just to shoot you down?

btw - do you know the answer to my previous question: "How it is with the javelins? Are they not killing mainly your own guys if shooting from behind?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    So how did you cope? And was AI wise enough just to shoot you down?
    You'd be surprised, I shot them all down instead. Nearly everyone was killed by my 5 units of genoese crossbowmen.

When the AI jams all the archers on top of one another, the "area" missiles are multiplied in effectiveness. It was 18000 bolts for 2500 enemy killed.

"How it is with the javelins? Are they not killing mainly your own guys if shooting from behind?"
    I haven't messed with javelins much, mainly because a unit of them doesn't have the total damage potential of a crossbowman with many archers.
    Last edited by Alavaria; September 23, 2017 at 04:09 AM.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Do you have imported work from Magyar mod regarding the Hungarians and MADTAO's Lithuanian and Polish units from Baltic: Total War? The vanilla ones in SS6.4 are a big drawback if you want to play this part of the map

Here a good example of awesome mounts for medieval era, sure that you like them...
    http://oi64.tinypic.com/fto9s1.jpg
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    You'd be surprised, I shot them all down instead. Nearly everyone was killed by my 5 units of genoese crossbowmen.
    When the AI jams all the archers on top of one another, the "area" missiles are multiplied in effectiveness. It was 18000 bolts for 2500 enemy killed.
    But they should kill you first, they did have much more missile troops than you. Why they didn't?
    Post a pic of the outcome of the battle anyway.

But they should kill you first, they did have much more missile troops than you. Why they didn't?
    Post a pic of the outcome of the battle anyway.

Their arrows aren't that dangerous.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post

to fix this what i did is first lower all cavalry's secondary damage to 1 then add bonus to cavalry to each one, basically if feudal knights previously had 6 melee attack now they have 1 melee attack and +5 melee attack against cavalry

result is that when they fight infantry their damage is 1, when they fight other cav their damage is 6
    Interesting. Indeed - heavy cav is very strong. While I got to know how to deal with enemy heavy cav and how to use heavy cav on my side - I tend to agree.

Dekhatres - did you do your fix to bodyguard cavalry also ?

And what about some specific cavalry units ? Did you fix them and how ?
    • Cabaleros Hildagos - missile heavy cav, when they charge - they charge with swords. Attack to 1 will probably hurt their charge ?
    • maye there are some heavy cav with sword as primary weapon. What to do then ?
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Quote Originally Posted by tmodelsk View Post
    Interesting. Indeed - heavy cav is very strong. While I got to know how to deal with enemy heavy cav and how to use heavy cav on my side - I tend to agree.

Dekhatres - did you do your fix to bodyguard cavalry also ?

And what about some specific cavalry units ? Did you fix them and how ?
    • Cabaleros Hildagos - missile heavy cav, when they charge - they charge with swords. Attack to 1 will probably hurt their charge ?
    • maye there are some heavy cav with sword as primary weapon. What to do then ?

yea i did to all,especially the bodyguards

havent really fixed them, i like that skirmisher cavalry is a bit weaker

true, it will hurt their charge, but units charging with swords shouldnt have good charge anyway imo, for cavalry that has only one weapon you can simply add a second one if you want